Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Sysprotect and WinAntivirus pop up

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 1:22 pm

hmm...I didn't know Panda was so protective...won't even allow its own online scan!

we can try another one:

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
      Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases

• Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:
      Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

but if that doesn't work, I'll ask some other experts to take a look at the situation.

thanks for your continued patience,
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Before reading your last post, I tried to stop the activeScan and close that window, but it didn't close. Even with "End task" from the Tasks Manager, to which showed 100% CPU usage. So I restarted the computer to proceed with your recommendations.

To make sure I wouldn't miss any items on the list, I printed your last post and went checking one by one. Done. Closed and reopened IE. Went to Panda website, chose the activeScan, selected country, county, entered my email address. It prompt "A script is accessing some software (an ActiveX control) on this page which has been marked safe for scripting. Do you want to allow this?". To what I click YES to all three times as it was downloading the necessary files. I've chosen to scan "My Computer" again, but the active scan window shows 0 scanned files (for about 10min now).

Again, Panda sec. messages show that it is blocking IE action (as previous post).

Should I shut down Panda and try again?
cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Is there an option in your Panda security to allow IE? (either a popup window or an option in the panda security interface?)

I don't think its necessarily safe to shut down your firewall / antivirus, so try kaspersky, and if that doesn't work, I'll give you alternative instructions.

good job hanging in there! i apologize if it seems difficult at the moment.
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Darling, talking about patience, you have been a real monk! Although the activeScan window doesn't show any progress, I can "hear" the activity on my computer and external HD. So, before trying a different scan, I'll give a few more minutes here to see if something changes on the activescan window. I will keep you posted.

cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:06 pm

I got some wisdom from Amateur, one of the other experts on the site:

In case the Panda scan hasn't started working yet, please try pressing CTRL key while starting the download/scanning to allow the Active X.

(this would be when you restart the scan, not while the scan is running.)

Thanks for keeping me updated.
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 2:08 pm

ok, ok, ok... I'm getting scared now. The scan (for what I could hear) has finished and a another window (smaller) prompted.

It says "Choose Profile" on the blue top border.
on the grey area:

Profile name
and beside it a combo box where "Outlook" is the first option. Scrolling down there are: "PstLoad000" "PstLoad001" "PstLoad002"

Beside it, a button "New"

at the botton "OK" "Cancel" "Options" (this last shows a check box for "set as default profile"

I won't do anything until you say so :)
cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Hi,

I haven't seen that message before, so I'm going to get some advice before posting back to you.

thanks for your patience,
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 2:18 pm

agrarianmonk wrote:Is there an option in your Panda security to allow IE? (either a popup window or an option in the panda security interface?)

This week was the first time that I had Panda running as local software (I've been using the activeScan for quite a while, until I got this laptop with preinstalled Norton). Although I have tried many times to find such a option, I had no success.

I don't think its necessarily safe to shut down your firewall / antivirus, so try kaspersky, and if that doesn't work, I'll give you alternative instructions.

I have ZoneAlarm AND Panda. Call me paranoid, but after left down by Norton, I didn't want to risk. At no moment on the previous attempts without Panda I left the machine without firewall software. Thanks for the note :)

good job hanging in there! i apologize if it seems difficult at the moment.

It is difficult (for me, at least) but you guys are very patient and the step-by-step way of work is exactly what people like me needs in moments of crisis like this.

:) I really appreciate that
cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Sorry, I'm not so familiar with Panda so please bear with me.

If Panda does have an active firewall service, you shouldn't be running Zone Alarm simultaneously. The reason is that running two firewalls simultaneously (this applies to antivirus programs as well) actually decreases their overall stability and effectiveness. Therefore, I would remove Zone Alarm (using add/remove programs) if Panda internet security comes with its own firewall.

alternatively, since it seems like Panda is giving you a hard time, you could remove the entire panda suite (keeping Zone Alarm), and I could suggest some alternative free antivirus programs.

I'm still getting some advice on the activescan, but please post back with what you want to do about Panda / Zone Alarm.

thanks,
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:32 pm

ok, I've gotten some more expert advice from amateur :)

The reason you saw this:

The scan (for what I could hear) has finished and a another window (smaller) prompted.

It says "Choose Profile" on the blue top border.
on the grey area:

Profile name
and beside it a combo box where "Outlook" is the first option. Scrolling down there are: "PstLoad000" "PstLoad001" "PstLoad002"

is because when windows updates, it reverts the browser to Outlook if the user has Office and asks for the user profile.

hopefully windows has finished updating, so please try the active scan again.

this time, please try pressing CTRL key while starting the download/scanning to allow the Active X.

post back with any other problems or questions you might have.

thanks!
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 2:33 pm

It didn't occurred to me that ZoneAlarm might be interfering with Panda. As I have purchased Panda this week to solve the infections problem, I would like to stick to it, as this version is an antivirus and antispyware combined with firewall. By the way, they started running on the same day, after the first signs of spyware and virus infections.

I'll disable and uninstall ZoneAlarm as soon as you let me know what to do with the "Choose Profile" thing (as I might have to restart the computer to finalize the removal).
cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:34 pm

read my last post :D
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 2:35 pm

should I press "cancel" to "choose profile"? (I'm sorry, I feel lame!)
cacauli

Unread postby cacauli » July 16th, 2006, 2:39 pm

ehr... I went back to the activeScan window and when I pressed STOP (as nothing was happening anymore) it closed the "choose profile" window. :shock:

I'm going to disable ZoneAlarm and to try again the activeScan.
cacauli

Unread postby agrarianmonk » July 16th, 2006, 2:40 pm

ok, sounds good.

you'll probably need to reboot after removing Zone Alarm, but if it doesn't automatically reboot, please reboot manually before running activescan again.

thanks!
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!