Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

F1 - Montreal

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

F1 - Montreal

Unread postby Vino Rosso » June 24th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Any F1 fans out there.

Shame local boy Villeneuve didn't make the last ten in qualifying.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 25th, 2006, 7:18 am

Yes, although I am watching the world cup (england) at about the same time. So I will be avoiding any F1 results like the plague untill I see the highlights in the evening :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Vino Rosso » June 25th, 2006, 7:56 am

Yes, the England game starts at 4pm (BST) and, assuming there's no need for extra time, finishes around 5:45pm - just in time to switch over for the race which, I think, starts at 6pm.

Guess what sort of day it is today...
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 25th, 2006, 7:58 am

That's if I finish my pint in time. :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 25th, 2006, 11:42 am

HUGE racing fan here.... will be watching the F1 and NASCAR races today. Think the IRL is running today too... will have to check the television guide.

I follow F1, CHAMP Car, IRL, and NASCAR.

Went to the Edmonton Grand Prix(CHAMP Car) race last year... was a total blast. Going again this year :D

Can't wait... race is next month!!

Re Villeneuve... he's been stuck in mediocrity since he won the Championship with Williams in '97... kinda sucks :P
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 25th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Villeneuve crashed lol. Having said that, he has had a better season this year.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Vino Rosso » June 25th, 2006, 5:09 pm

It seems like Alonso is the new Schumacher.
It's funny how the F1 driver championship is pretty much always a one-horse race.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 25th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Untilll he can reces in the rain. I wouldnt say he is the next schumie. Not a 7 times champ yet!
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 25th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Schumi is one of the best... I remember way back when he was still with Benneton... had his gearbox break about haflway through through the race and only had fifth gear... the guy still finished in second place.

That said... it is nice to see someone other than him winning races now.

It's funny how the F1 driver championship is pretty much always a one-horse race.

Yup... its almost anti-competitive. Thats the worst thing about F1 right now... and has been for the past ten years.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 26th, 2006, 6:43 am

'KotaGuy wrote:Schumi is one of the best... I remember way back when he was still with Benneton... had his gearbox break about haflway through through the race and only had fifth gear... the guy still finished in second place.

I remember that too. Great race!

'KotaGuy wrote:

Yup... its almost anti-competitive. Thats the worst thing about F1 right now... and has been for the past ten years.

They have tried several ways to change it. I would like to see back the old qualifying. That you can only go out for 12 laps.

I am glad the tyre change is back, never liked using one sets of tyre in a race.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 26th, 2006, 12:12 pm

I remember that too. Great race!

Catalunya...'94... finished 24 seconds behind Damon Hill. Though... it might have been different had not Hakkinen, Lehto and Brundle retired late in the race. Still... a testiment to the guy's driving skill.

They have tried several ways to change it. I would like to see back the old qualifying. That you can only go out for 12 laps.

Yeah... I'd prefer the old qualifying as well.

I am glad the tyre change is back, never liked using one sets of tyre in a race.

Same... those pit stops looked hilarious. Almost embarassing, in fact. 18 crew members scramble out of the garage for a pit stop to just basically watch the fueller fill the car with gas :D

Not sure what needs to be done to make F1 more competitive and less of a parade... though I do think Ecclestone should step down. He's tried many things in the past to try and slow the cars down to no avail. Yes... the top speeds of the cars has been brought down... but they are still breaking track records almost every year. The cars may not be as fast as they used to be... but they are quicker overall.

Besides... its a race... you're supposed to go fast :D
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » June 26th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Not sure what needs to be done to make F1 more competitive and less of a parade... though I do think Ecclestone should step down. He's tried many things in the past to try and slow the cars down to no avail. Yes... the top speeds of the cars has been brought down... but they are still breaking track records almost every year. The cars may not be as fast as they used to be... but they are quicker overall.

Who would replace him? Schumi after he retires? Maybe. I certainly feel for a change in it's management! I totally agree, Bernie has done many things. And yet people are still complaining about ratings down.

But I must say the safety part has improved. Certainy since the death of Senna. It is ironic that it takes something like that for it to improve.

Besides... its a race... you're supposed to go fast

You are meant to park it on a corner in quallie. That is the whole thing about racing. Making conflict :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 26th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Ayrton's death was a huge blow to the sport... ya knew something was going to happen after it happened. Too bad the steps taken have turned F1 into the parade it is today.

Don't think Schumi would want Ecclestone's job... but it would be interesting to see... wonder what changes he would make.

You are meant to park it on a corner in quallie.

Heh... that was funny. But was it Schumi's decision or Ross Brawn's? That guy is devious :twisted:

Just like Schumi holding the rest of the pack up during the parade lap this weekend and leaving the Reneault's to sit on the grid waiting for everyone else to to line up :D
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Vino Rosso » June 26th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Schumi is certainly the master at 'sportsmanship' 8)
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Vino Rosso » July 1st, 2006, 8:45 pm

Two Ferraris on the front row... plus Bridgestone tyres... hard to imagine Schumie not winning tomorrow at Indie.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions