Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Way to install from desktop?

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Way to install from desktop?

Unread postby Taz71498 » June 14th, 2006, 9:56 am

Odd situtation but one I do not know how to do.

Right now I do not have a CD or DVD burner on this system. I have my XP Pro install sitting on my desktop.

Is there a way for me to install the XP Pro from my desktop? I can not see a way to do it. Or am I stuck where I need to get it burned onto disk?
Taz71498

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » June 14th, 2006, 10:14 am

I assume you have an iso image file downloaded - they normally copy to a CD/DVD as the burn image.

Not sure if you can do this (but I know VPC alllows this when installed for its VM's) but you may be able to mount the ISO image as a 'drive', if so you may be able to install that way.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Taz71498 » June 14th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Actually what you are saying is kind of greek to me.

I have NetPlus. That is how I have the OS's. Had a problem when I tried to install Office, so when I called MS, they told me to copy the entire disk to my Hard Drive. (note: the disk has Office, XP Home, XP Pro, VPC, Win2003, ect..) So all of the install programs for those are on my desktop. I was going to copy each to a seperate CD or DVD so I could install that way, but unfortunetly I can not afford to buy a CD/DVD R/RW at the moment.
Taz71498

Unread postby wng_z3r0 » June 14th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Try daemon tools :)
wng_z3r0
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Taz71498 » June 14th, 2006, 2:43 pm

I have not used the program wng. Not sure how it all works.

Right now I am looking at some information with the ISO image. Maybe I can figure that out somehow.
Taz71498

Unread postby random/random » June 15th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Daemon tools convinces your computer that it's got another optical drive and it lets you mount various types of disk images, such as .iso. Mounting them in one of the virtual drives has the same effect as burning the CD and using it in a CD drive.

Daemon tools uses rootkit technology to do this. THis does not mean that it is a bad, evil or malicious program.

Virtual PC may have an option to use .iso files instead of physical derives, I know that VMware does.

If you don't have .iso or similar images, but just a bunch of files you can use burnatonce to compile them into an .iso file

What is NetPlus? When I searched for it, it was an ISP or computer manufacturer :?
random/random
Developer
Developer

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 15th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Yup.. Daemon Tools should work for ya... very handly little app :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Taz71498 » June 15th, 2006, 4:44 pm

It does do .iso. (vpc)

So I will have to check this out. I may need help, so expect me :lol:

Sorry wng, I did not get the whole title in there:

TechNetPlus:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/aboutt ... fault.mspx
Taz71498

Unread postby random/random » June 15th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Taz71498 wrote:
Sorry wng, I did not get the whole title in there:

TechNetPlus:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/aboutt ... fault.mspx

Thanks, however, last time I checked I was called random/random, random or occasionally R/R. First time I've been mistaken for an MVP.
random/random
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Taz71498 » June 15th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Ah, sorry random/random. wng was telling me about the DT and I didn't even look.

I had just downloaded the program.

I have not checked it out yet since I am taking on some logs at the moment but at least I have it downloaded and installed so I am ready to hit it this weekend.
Taz71498

Unread postby wng_z3r0 » June 15th, 2006, 5:13 pm

:)
wng_z3r0
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Software Support (including Windows)