Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Back up and Running

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Back up and Running

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » May 27th, 2006, 3:35 am

Hey all,

Well, I'm finally back up and running with most of my programs reinstalled. I lost a couple of my older graphics programs, but other than that, everything seems to be running quite nicely.

The bad news is, starting next Friday, I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. Many of you know about the my struggle with diabetes and this is the latest chapter. To increase the circulation in my lower leg (the left one anyway), I need to have a bypass. They will take a piece of undamaged vein (or use surgical tubing if I don't have one) and bypass a blocked section.

The surgery itself does not sound too bad. A small, about a quarter of an inch, incision just below my knee, then one about the same size above my ankle. Then they use a guide wire very similar to what an electrician uses to snake the vein or tubing around the blocked area.

I'm told I will only be in the hospital for two to three days depending on how well I progress. Then, approximately 2 weeks at home, during which time I won't be able to spend time on the computer because I will need to keep that leg up or moving.

This is uncharted territory for me having managed somehow to keep the usual appendix, tonsils and the like intact for over, well, my entire life.

I will only be here sporadically next week, so maybe ChrisRLG or Nellie2 could pop over to SWI and let cnm know what's going on. I would truly appreciate it.

See you all soon. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby beynac » May 27th, 2006, 3:42 am

Good luck! Get well soon.
beynac
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby turtledove » May 27th, 2006, 4:31 am

Get well soon, you'll be greatly missed around here. Take care. :wave:
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 27th, 2006, 10:54 am

Do what you need to do to recover, SCB... my thoughts are with ya :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby amateur » May 27th, 2006, 11:06 am

Get well soon, SpotCheckBilly.
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Rogue » May 27th, 2006, 11:12 am

To a speedy recovery, SpotCheckBilly
Rogue
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Yeti » May 27th, 2006, 11:14 am

Feel better. Image
Yeti

Unread postby TheJoker » May 27th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I hope everything goes well for you and your recovery. You are in our thoughts and our prayers.
TheJoker

Unread postby ChrisRLG » May 27th, 2006, 1:55 pm

God be with you George :) I will be thinking and praying for you that all goes well.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » May 27th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Best wishes George, you'll be in our prayers. Get well soon.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » May 27th, 2006, 4:16 pm

You're in our thoughts and prayers, George. I know you'll have a speedy recovery and return to us soon. :)
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » May 27th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. We are hoping that this procedure will eliminate or at least greatly delay the necessity for other, less pleasant alternatives. Actually, I kind of like the surgeon who is going to do the procedure. He is arrogant enough to be very good at what he does, but not arrogant enough to be a real jerk. As to the rest, time will tell.

My message to anyone who has a family history of diabetes, or is overweight: Get yourself checked often and if you show symptoms or your doctor says you are in danger, take care of it immediately. This is an ugly and nasty disease and often, by the time symptoms associated with it show up, it's too late to fix them.

Thanks again everyone. I'm confident that I will be back up to full speed very soon. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » May 27th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Take care George and good luck with your surgery. I know things will go well for you!
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Sailbad the Sinner » May 27th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Take care, George, I'll remember you at Mass tomorrow morning. My wife and I are both diabetics; unfortunately, she's in denial of just how hard this thing can bite you. I wish she'd wake up to what she's doing to herself; we're both in our upper 60s.

I've taken it a bit more seriously; I've lost 40 pounds already, and it's helped me a LOT! I'm trying to get back down to my active duty weight, that means about 30 more pounds to go. :?

Good luck on the surgery; I've had a 5-way heart bypass, spinal fusion, defibrillator installed and several more unpleasant procedures, so I can relate to what you're going through. May God be with you, and guide the surgeon's hand.

S S
Sailbad the Sinner

Unread postby Bugbatter » May 29th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, SpotCheckBilly. :)
Bugbatter
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions