Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

F-Secure 'Look2Me' Removal Tool

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

F-Secure 'Look2Me' Removal Tool

Unread postby Chachazz » April 29th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Removing spyware from a computer is becoming an increasingly difficult task. Look2Me, a displayer of pop-up advertisements, is a good example of a persistent malware application that just won't go away. It uses some interesting techniques to remain installed.

Look2Me
hooks into the winlogon process as a notification package. If the user tries to unregister the notification package, it is immediately reinstated. Look2Me also removes the administrator group's debug privileges and thereby disables the user from interfering. This, along with some other tricks, makes manual removal close to impossible.

The removal of the debug privileges has resulted in some BlackLight support calls for us. And so, even though it doesn't have any rootkit functions, the SeDebugPrivilege error inadvertently turns our BlackLight tool into a Look2Me detector!"

Look2Me adware operates in stealth and displays an excessive amount of pop-up advertisements. Most common are IE pop-up windows, but some pop-ups are tailored by shape and animation. Some of the advertisements push the user to install ErrorGuard or WinFixer. Look2Me requires a special removal tool to disinfect. Look2Me only infects Windows 2000, XP and 2003."

Look2Me adware
operates in stealth and displays an excessive amount of pop-up advertisements. Most common are IE pop-up windows, but some pop-ups are tailored by shape and animation. Some of the advertisements push the user to install ErrorGuard or WinFixer. Look2Me requires a special removal tool to disinfect. Look2Me only infects Windows 2000, XP and 2003.

Use 'F-Look2Me to remove Look2Me.
1. Download f-look2me.zip (last updated April 11th, 2006)
2. Unzip f-look2me.zip
3. Run f-look2me.exe
4. Reboot the machine

F-Look2Me loads itself as a service to gain system privileges. The service renames infected files and patches the adware in memory. It also restores Debug Privileges for group Administrators. F-Look2Me requires administrator rights to run.

F-Secure 'Look2Me' Remover»
Chachazz

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Chachazz » April 29th, 2006, 3:33 pm

;)
Chachazz

Return to News Desk