Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Coinbase Account Hacked

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Coinbase Account Hacked

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 9th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Yes, I found that Certificate.

In order to locate it, it was necessary to manhandle the tower. Turns out, the tower was dusty, and as I was replacing it I noticed some dust actually fall out of the back air vent. So, I shoot it a little while upside down and a cloud emerged. I don't know how it had been able to function at all.
And, when I went to post that, indeed, I had found the Certificate I noticed that my mouse was not working and the monitor screen was acting strange. After checking connections and finding nothing our of sorts, I ended up pushing the start button down until the computer shut down - hoping that a restart might help.
It didn't. When the computer started back up, there was a beep emitted each second and the monitor never started up. Several more restarts and no change.
So, it seemed my only option was to get another computer. So, I did. And, when I got home, before even opening the box, I figured I try the old computer one more time - and it worked like brand new.
So, the beeping was an over-heating warning? After cooling off and letting the dust settle, it is back to working?

I'm going to turn everything off and run an errand. Hopefully, it works when I get back. Is all that dust a common problem for other people?
BranchDavidian

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 10th, 2018, 12:00 am

Yes, I found that Certificate.

In order to do so, I needed to manhandle the tower a bit. I noticed dust fall from the cooling vent, so I held it upside down and shook it. A huge cloud of dust fell out of ( or off from ) the computer.
After the dust settled a little, I went to reply to your post and noticed that lines were flashing on and off on my screen and my mouse didn't work anymore. No connections were loose, and there was no way to affect the computer - so I held the start button down until the computer shut down hoping a restart would resolve the problem.
Upon restart, the computer began beeping repeatedly. Several restarts didn't change anything.
So, I figured I had burned the computer up --- and went and bought another one. When I got back home, before even opening the new box, I tried the old computer and it worked just fine.
So, now I'm thinking that beeping was the computer warning me that it had overheated ( probably due to a bunch of dust blowing around the circuit board? ), and it had cooled off by the time I had gone to the store and back. It's been working just find all day now, but there has to be dust clogging up the circuit board yet.

How about a little advice on this dust? Do other people clean the inside of their towers or are computers resistant to damage from dust.
mAL, I was just looking at the back of my computer to see if dust could actually fall out of the circular rings on the back. As I was staring, I saw a puff of air blow out of the top edge of the top ring. Could this thing be self-cleaning? Could all the dust I saw fall have fallen off the back of the computer and the inside is taking care of itself?
Maybe I don't need the new computer after all?
BranchDavidian

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 11th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Hello BranchDavidian,

My apologies again for the delay.

It's not unusual for computers to accumulate dust over time, but from what you're describing, it seems to be a rather large amount. The way you handled your tower to get rid of the dust may have caused some damage on the inside... Also, the beeping sound you mentioned could indicate motherboard issues, which is not something I can't be of help with since we specialize in malware removal at this forum.

You say that your computer seems to be working fine now, but if I were you, I would take it to a computer repair shop to get it checked out just in case there is damage. Even if there is no problem, they could help you remove the dust inside the tower.

If you would prefer not to do this, which is your choice after all, then let me know the make and model of your computer and I will provide you with instructions on how to reformat your computer.

Regards,

mAL
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 11th, 2018, 5:10 pm

HP Pavillion 6000 Series. Model number p6705f.

The computer seems to be fine.
Thanks, mAL.
BranchDavidian

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 13th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Hello BranchDavidian,

Before you proceed with the factory reset, make sure that you backup all important files. The instruction for doing so can be found here: Link

I would also advise you to backup all your bookmarks: How to backup and restore my Favorites or Bookmarks

When you've backed up all your important files, please follow the instructions below...

• Open your computer and tap key F11 every second.
  • A menu will appear. Select System Recovery
  • Click on Recovery without backing up your files.
  • Select Next.
  • Some warnings may pop-up. Please read them attentively and select OK.
  • The factory image restore will begin. It may take a while.
  • Once the restoration is complete, select Finish.
  • Your computer will restart a few times. Don't touch anything.
  • After Windows is re-installed, follow the instructions on screen to configure everything.

Was the Factory Reset successful?
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 13th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Hi mAL:

I've got two questions for you.

1. It looks like I need to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a USB port to hold my backup files.
BUT, I don't know if I actually have any "files" with information that needs to be saved. If all computers have personal files that need to be saved, I am on my way to buy the USB port needed. But, I have not made any files that I am aware of - I only use my computer to visit sites on the internet and use e-mail. I don't do any "work" on the computer.

2. I'm a little confused as to restoring the Favorites and Bookmarks. Following the instructions seems to merely copy the favorites and bookmarks from one browser to another - on THIS computer. Won't this information get lost in the repave? Don't I have to store this info on a outside source also?
So - IF backing up the bookmarks and favorites ONLY saves me from typing in my passwords one time before the computer remembers them again after the repave, then I won't worry about this.

I'll go ahead and pick up a USB port tomorrow morning, figuring the answer to question 1 is yes, I will need to backup. Then, I will wait to see your response before beginning the repave.
BranchDavidian

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 13th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Hi BranchDavidian,

1- If you don't have any personal files on your computer, then you don't need to buy a USB.

2- Yes, favorites and bookmarks (if you have any) need to be stored on an external source. You should already have changed all your passwords, so I wouldn't send them by email if I were you.

Regards,

mAL
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Nothing happens when I tap the F11 key. Kept tapping for about three minutes.
BranchDavidian

Unread postby pgmigg » December 16th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Hello BranchDavidian,

I am pgmigg and will continue to help you here because mAL is not available currently.

BranchDavidian wrote:Nothing happens when I tap the F11 key. Kept tapping for about three minutes.
It is possible.

I would like slightly change the previous instruction:

• Firstly be sure that your computer is turned off completely.
  • Then please press Power button and immediately after that you need to start to tap key F11 every half second or even more often.
  • A menu will appear. Select System Recovery
  • Click on Recovery without backing up your files.
  • Select Next.
  • Some warnings may pop-up. Please read them attentively and select OK.
  • The factory image restore will begin. It may take a while.
  • Once the restoration is complete, select Finish.
  • Your computer will restart a few times. Don't touch anything.
  • After Windows is re-installed, follow the instructions on screen to configure everything.

If the answer is "NO", and in this case nothing happens again when you tapped the F11 key, but you can still turn on your computer to normal mode, please do the following:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, power cord, and Ethernet cable, your you use it for Internet connection instead of WiFi.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Click Start , click All Programs, click Recovery Manager, and then click Recovery Manager again.
    If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.
  5. Under I need help immediately, click System Recovery.
  6. The Recovery Manager asks if you want to restore the computer to its original factory shipped condition. Click Yes, and then click Next.
  7. The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Recovery Manager window displays.
  8. Click System Recovery.
  9. When System Recovery prompts you to back up your files, select Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next. Continue to the next step.
  10. Click OK in the warning that displays.
  11. After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
  12. Once the setup is complete (it may take a while, even up to a few hours), turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
  13. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
  14. Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Thank you,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 17th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Hey pgmigg:

Yes, I am repaved and seem to have everything working.
I had immediate on-line access after the repave. But I got quite the scare when the Internet Explorer began to Not Respond. That was one of the problems I was having prior to the repave with both firefox and chrome3.
Somehow a windows browser popped up to save me and downloaded the firefox browser and I began logging into sites. Suddenly, I lost internet access. A red cross appeared on the Norton icon in the lower right corner. It says something needs fixing, but when I click on the Fix Now button - after running through the operation, the problem is not fixed.
A menu did pop up that led me though an internet connection hookup procedure and again I had internet access. ???

The Norton icon still says something needs to be fixed, and warns me that the google chrome download website can't be trusted. After a while, I ignored the warnings and went ahead and installed the chrome browser also. Everything is working just fine as long as I ignore Norton.

Before I repaved, I was reading something about the steps this site advises one to do for security - but, I can't seem to find it again.
Should I delete Norton and get something else, or have I already ruined the repave????

Thanks, pgmigg
BranchDavidian

Unread postby pgmigg » December 18th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hello BranchDavidian,

BranchDavidian wrote:Yes, I am repaved and seem to have everything working.
Good! It is a really great news! Well done! :thumbright:

Please tell me, which method did you use finally by F11 or from normal mode?

BranchDavidian wrote:I had immediate on-line access after the repave. But I got quite the scare when the Internet Explorer began to Not Respond. That was one of the problems I was having prior to the repave with both firefox and chrome3.
Somehow a windows browser popped up to save me and downloaded the firefox browser and I began logging into sites. Suddenly, I lost internet access. A red cross appeared on the Norton icon in the lower right corner. It says something needs fixing, but when I click on the Fix Now button - after running through the operation, the problem is not fixed.
A menu did pop up that led me though an internet connection hookup procedure and again I had internet access. ???
Let's see what exactly happened to your computer. The Factory Restore is a return to the past, in the year when you bought this computer. Accordingly, you now have the original version of the Windows system.

First of all, you have to install all Windows updates that have happened to date, and this is a long process. In addition, it concerns other programs and possibly hardware that has been installed over the years on a computer. Updates will cover many problems and improve stability of all computer components and services, including Internet connection.

BranchDavidian wrote:Before I repaved, I was reading something about the steps this site advises one to do for security - but, I can't seem to find it again.
Should I delete Norton and get something else, or have I already ruined the repave????
I guess you could not find this one: COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online.

It seems to me that Norton Security is a little bit out of date in general and if you will ask my opinion, I could recommend the simple Free Avast Antivirus which can be downloaded and installed from this link - Avast.

Note 1: - Avast now comes bundled with Google Chrome pre-checked for install, we recommend you to uncheck the option if you decide to install Avast.

Note 2: - You should only have ONE (1) active Anti-virus program providing real-time protection. Having multiple AV products running at the same time can cause a variety of problems, including false positive scan results, normal processes to malfunction and system instability. If using a 3rd party Anti-virus product... Turn Off Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE).

Note 3: - Many free security programs come with the Ask-Toolbar, this is usually pre-checked in the default installation. There will usually be an option not to install it, we strongly recommend you take that option and do NOT install Ask-Toolbar.

Please fill free to ask any additional questions.

Good luck,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 19th, 2018, 10:00 am

Tapping the F11 key worked after immediately doing so, rather than allowing the computer to boot up.

This morning, my computer informs me that Windows 7 is outdated and cannot keep my computer secure. They want me to download Windows 10, but I have heard a lot of people do not like Windows 10.
But, security was the whole point of this exercise - so, it seems like I should install the Windows 10 if Microsoft says they can't keep Windows 7 safe.

Then, I'll uninstall the Norton anti-virus program that comes with it, and use your link to install Avast.

I do have one more question.
Could I get the repaving instructions for another computer? I have a laptop also that the scam site was given access to. It is an HP Pavillion dv 4420us series with Windows XP.

Thank you, pgmigg. The non-responsive browsers were annoying and time-wasting - and added to the worries I had that security was not adequate. And, the pop-up I would get while browsing the news feed seemed to be from the scam site discovered in the logs. It has not appeared since the repave.

I was amazed to see the repaved Internet Explorer start out by being non-responsive. Since downloading Firefox and Chrome, I have not experienced this problem with either decent browser downloaded, although there is a short wait for a browser to wake back up after being in sleep mode. However, the whole process was easier than I had anticipated, so I'd like to clean up my back-up computer also now that it doesn't seem so scary!
BranchDavidian

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 19th, 2018, 10:27 am

Right after sending my last message, I did get that pop-up. "you have chosen to open Player 154......js. which is javaScriptScript file from cloudfront.net.
And, a yellow bar appeared just under the toolbar which said " a Web page is slowing your computer down, what would you like to do? Stop It or Wait. This was also appearing before the repave.
BranchDavidian

Unread postby pgmigg » December 19th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Hi BranchDavidian,

Tapping the F11 key worked after immediately doing so, rather than allowing the computer to boot up.
Thank you!
This morning, my computer informs me that Windows 7 is outdated and cannot keep my computer secure. They want me to download Windows 10, but I have heard a lot of people do not like Windows 10.
But, security was the whole point of this exercise - so, it seems like I should install the Windows 10 if Microsoft says they can't keep Windows 7 safe.
It is true. In the April 2019 Microsoft will stop to support Windows 7 for consumers and for all reasons it is better to upgrade your system to Windows 10. Personally I did it almost 3 years ago and pretty happy with it.

Then, I'll uninstall the Norton anti-virus program that comes with it, and use your link to install Avast.
Good job!

Could I get the repaving instructions for another computer? I have a laptop also that the scam site was given access to. It is an HP Pavillion dv 4420us series with Windows XP.
Windows XP was unsupported completely by Microsoft a few years ago and is absolutely unsafe especially when you connected to Internet. Most computers with original Windows 7 are upgraded to Windows 10 smoothly and without problem but I cannot say it for Windows XP machines. I don't recommend even to try to play with it. Your HP Pavillion dv 4420us is too old now and it worked more than its due date and deserved rest in peace. ;)

I was amazed to see the repaved Internet Explorer start out by being non-responsive. Since downloading Firefox and Chrome, I have not experienced this problem with either decent browser downloaded, although there is a short wait for a browser to wake back up after being in sleep mode. However, the whole process was easier than I had anticipated, so I'd like to clean up my back-up computer also now that it doesn't seem so scary!
After Factory Restore you get very very old version of Internet Explorer - currently the last supported version of it is 11. I do not recommend to use it at all - instead there are safe, fast, and secure Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Right after sending my last message, I did get that pop-up. "you have chosen to open Player 154......js. which is javaScriptScript file from cloudfront.net.
And, a yellow bar appeared just under the toolbar which said " a Web page is slowing your computer down, what would you like to do? Stop It or Wait. This was also appearing before the repave.
Please do the following:

Scan with FRST64
  1. Please download a new FRST64 and save it on your Desktop.
  2. Right-click on FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator.
  3. The tool might update. Please allow it to do so.
  4. Select Scan.
  5. When the scan is over two windows will open, FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  6. Please post the contents of both logs in your next reply.

Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections...

Don't post anything as attachments unless I will ask you about it specifically!

Thank you,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 20th, 2018, 7:40 am

When I try to reply, I get a notice that it is too long when I copy and paste just the FRST.txt.
According to the instructions on attachments, I'm supposed to open a new topic to upload attachments. If I start a new topic, maybe copying and pasting the logs will work?
BranchDavidian

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext