The steps presented in these posts are for this person and machine ONLY. Do not apply these steps to your own system, without the guidance of a trained malware removal helper. Doing so, may possibly damage your system, preventing it from starting.
and welcome to the Malware Removal Forums
My name is capnkrunch
and I will be helping you with your malware problems.Before we begin, please read and follow these important guidelines,
so things will proceed smoothly.
Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
- The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
- You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
- DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so.
- DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process.
- Only post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
- Print each set of instructions, if possible. Your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
- Only reply to this thread, do not start another ... Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean".
Remember, absence of symptoms does mean the infection is all gone.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
- Failure to respond for 3 days, will result in your topic being closed.
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care, not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
For your safety and protection, I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive as some infections may render your computer unbootable during or before the disinfection process.
The safest practice is not to backup
any files with the following file extensions:
exe, .scr, .ini, .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .xml, .zip, .rar, .cab as they may be infected.