Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

SiteAdvisor - Very cool program!!

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

SiteAdvisor - Very cool program!!

Unread postby Anti_Spyware » January 8th, 2006, 1:13 am

Just heard about this product- VERY Cool program...slows down browsing a tiny bit because it has to load the red/green alert icons but not very much. It's still in testing, but seems to work well.

Check it out! http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/ . Its called SiteAdvisor, and it's a plugin for firefox, IE, and opera. It displays warnings of different sites that you see on search engines and that you go to; green is safe, yellow is "be cautious" and red is "dangerous". This can help protect everyone against spam, phising, and malware in all forms, its VERY cool, and Ben Endelman even wrote an article about it and joined the SiteAdvisor team, he is excited by it. I am interested in reporting bad sites and researching how spyware infects people, so this is very exciting to me as well. This is So cool! It uses bots to crawl the web looking for spam, phising, and malware sites and updates its database, which is free under the creative commons license which means the URLs listed there, once they get the database up, can be used for spyware research and put into blocklists and things....very very cool!! Try it out!!
Anti_Spyware

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » January 8th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Not much different to sitehound then - you can get the free copy of that by following the links in the software tab at the top of the forum.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby rav009 » April 9th, 2006, 6:25 am

I've had this extension for a long time now, its excelent i think, Sitehound is a little better as it blocks out harmful content rather than just giving you a little rating at the bottom of your browser.

But it is for FireFox so thats ok :D
rav009

Unread postby AndyAtHull » April 9th, 2006, 6:57 am

Have a rad of this re siteadvisor

http://blog.siteadvisor.com/2006/04/tak ... next.shtml

The question is. Will it sink? Or will it swim.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby GS2 » April 9th, 2006, 11:16 am

Use this extension too, although sometimes it flags sites which some regard as safe - one being ntlworld :oops: but they've amended their database after user comments.

This shows the current attitude of site advisor, user orientated and a good community feel.

After reading the article posted by AndyAtHull, I just hope this doesn't change, as they promise.

Would be a shame to lose such a handy little tool :cry:
GS2

Unread postby Chachazz » April 9th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Chachazz

Unread postby LilBambi » April 9th, 2006, 6:30 pm

I use both Site Hound (IE) and SiteAdvisor (FF). They are both great programs. Since Site Hound works only in IE as far as I understand it, it's great to have a good alternative for FF.

I also (thanks to a posting of Nellie2's) checked out and now use Spoofstick in both FF and IE. In Firefox I am able to put Spoofstick all the way at the top to the right of the File Menu which makes it nice and easy to see at a glance without adding another toolbar.

Thankfully, when SiteAdvisor was acquired by McAfee, I talked with Ben Edelman about it via email and he assured me that it would remain free. And sure enough, the CEO of SiteAdvisor (on the SiteAdvisor blog) made sure to note that it will still remain a free download for existing and new users from the website.
LilBambi

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to News Desk