Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Cannot get DDS to run on Windows 8 machine

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Cannot get DDS to run on Windows 8 machine

Unread postby DougSr » May 16th, 2014, 9:07 am

I will try to be as detailed as possible but my main problem is that I cannot get DDS to run on my Windows 8.1 computer. Every time I download it and try to run it I get the "DDS is not mean to run in "Compatiblility Mode" the program shall now exit. Message, I apologize for not being able to post the logs. Thanks in advance for the help. I tried to add the OTL stuff on here but the message is too long. Can anyone help or tell me what to do?
DougSr

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Cannot get DDS to run on Windows 8 machine

Unread postby Gary R » May 16th, 2014, 1:20 pm

DDS is not currently compatible with Windows 8.1 and as far as I know, sUbs its creator has no immediate plans to update it to make it compatible. OTL is similarly incompatible with Windows 8.1.

If you have an infection problem that you need help with, then please do the following ....

1. Start a new topic in this room, and post a log from FRST (details given below).
  2. Explain that you're running Windows 8.1 so don't have a set of DDS logs, and post a reference to this topic.
  3. Include details of the problems you are having.

Sorry I can't help you directly, but I'm a bit busy at the moment, and don't have the necessary time available.

How to run a scan with FRST

• Download FRST64 to your Desktop.
  • Double click Frst64.exe to launch it.
  • FRST will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press the Scan button.
    • When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Please post them in your new topic.