Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

New toy, in love, plz hlp me turn into a run command then

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

New toy, in love, plz hlp me turn into a run command then

Unread postby fleamailman » April 2nd, 2006, 9:13 am

Hi, I how found out that a search under the below finds more entries than just deleting the temp file

*.tmp,*.chk,~*.*

Is there a way of running this through the run box, since I %temp% or %tmp% just open the temp file, how do I create this then as something I can make into a varyable later on?

[Readers will note that somewhere in his past fleamailman has taken a wrong turn at the signpost marked "gremlins left, goblins right" but he is counting on you to help him become more like the rest of you now]
fleamailman
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby fleamailman » April 5th, 2006, 4:05 am

Bump to remove unanswered post, and yet perahps it is my fault for not explainning. This idea of removing all .tmp files regardless of location in the computer is not mine, and yes one could just go %tmp% or %temp%, which is the same idea really is probably enough, even if not all .tmp entries are in fact in that folder. My goal was twofold then, see if there was a better run command from the run box, and make a shortcut to add to a file I call External control panel, which I carry on my USB key when mending others peoples comps, thus avoiding going left and right when .msc is one place, .cpl another and msconfig and system tools, etc., etc., so one folder containing all the shortcuts to these places was, and still is, my goal. OK, back to this subject *.tmp,*.chk,~*.* and the methord mentioned in this link
http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/ ... pfiles.htm
I notice that it works as a shorcut, though I agree it is actually a shortcut, on ones computer, and previding that the target computer has the same drive configaration it would work on that or comp too, conclusion, yes it goes on my USB key then.

Ah, but my problem is tha: I usually like to do things from the runcommand box since once the exact request is commanded it retains it meaning that my desktop is not cluttered nor am I going through mouse movents, since as you know often the first letter of the command is enough then. I was seeing there was a way reinstalled of using *.tmp,*.chk,~*.* through the run command box, like shall we say one does for prefetch, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r or the like. Anyway, this idea remains and I continue with it. Funny, just that airing it here, has made me think more, thaink then.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby fleamailman » April 5th, 2006, 4:08 am

Sorry, since I can't edit I meant to write *.tmp,*.chk,~*.* isn't a shortcutin the last psot.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Return to General Discussions