Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Looking for....

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Looking for....

Unread postby fleamailman » April 4th, 2006, 4:35 am

Can someone link me to a good Norton removal program, stupidly they don't allow one to remove their program from safemode even under admin, and only under admin account normally, great until the victim comes unstuck with malware, or hasn't got a clue about the password. I have the 2004 one already thanks.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby fleamailman » April 4th, 2006, 4:42 am

bump to remove zero replies which is probably this post's worth but I mean honestly, I rather be removing the malware itself, than removing the malware and then the antimalware, rant, rant, thumbsdown, etc., sorry if i've gone a bit like: " Dun dada...Rant, the final frontier, to boldly rant where no one has ever ranted before" compleat with Startreck music, etc., but your understanding, if not your sympathy then would be highly appreciated.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby P;3 » April 4th, 2006, 5:46 am

may I suggest that THIS PROGRAM, (recommended to me by Vog on another forum)will be useful for you;I have had recent dealings with two machines with XP on them and preinstalled Norton , and this program was successfully run on both and all traces of the Norton removed; you will need to follow the appropriate method for the version of Norton that is installed and it is suggested that you start with with Add/Remove programs; I hope this helps a little for you?
P;3

Unread postby fleamailman » April 4th, 2006, 5:48 am

Wow, this has made my day, thanks.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby fleamailman » April 4th, 2006, 8:11 am

small edit to above, the spellcheck is not stand alone as in non installware but that does not matter since it is great.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby P;3 » April 4th, 2006, 5:22 pm

a small "point" to add with the link I suggested; if you are on dial-up(?), it might take some time for the download to "happen" , as WE discovered when trying it on dial up; looked like a four-hour job; on BB it goes a wee bit quicker ;) ; I did have thoughts of your sitting there awaiting the download to complete and might have suggested making some tea or cutting the grass while waiting :roll:
P;3

Unread postby fleamailman » April 4th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Thanks, grateful. Broadband and time is unnoticed but perhaps that just comes from my working with a grook of goblins in small hovel supposed to be a workspace here I presume, - anyway, above, somewhere through the pile of mangled comp-bits there is a door that leads to the street, the outside world and the moon above, ah, but these loonies have turned their back to all that, I mean who needs a big disk in the sky now, when one can positively gleem with all this RAID-viewing.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby Rogue » April 4th, 2006, 5:39 pm

:hello2: to P;3
Rogue
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby P;3 » April 5th, 2006, 2:50 am

Rogue wrote::hello2: to P;3

Greetings :)
I am still â€
P;3

Unread postby fleamailman » April 5th, 2006, 3:22 am

I often wonder if a bit of infection isn't a good thing then, I mean what do people know about the runnings of a telephone but then again why would they need to one might think and yet with the first telephone virus scare last year, together with those other pranks their focus may well yet change.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby P;3 » April 5th, 2006, 7:19 pm

fleamailman wrote:I often wonder if a bit of infection isn't a good thing then, I mean what do people know about the runnings of a telephone but then again why would they need to one might think and yet with the first telephone virus scare last year, together with those other pranks their focus may well yet change.

if you are suggesting that to have an infection on ones computer is a "good thing"? I beg to differ; if you are infected and are then sending e mails or on MSN and so forth, you are surely risking infecting others? I would suggest that it is prudent to keep oneself as clean and protected as possible; in my line of work, it is far more adviseable to "keep clean" than to get infections that then take sometimes ages to heal ( and some never do); perhaps know where ones resourses are to clean a machine if it does get infected ( as I have had to do recently with a machine); but "keep clean" I would suggest , is the best policy and "best practice" ;)
P;3

Unread postby fleamailman » April 5th, 2006, 8:34 pm

You're right of course, no one should be infecting someone else computer, agreed but the point is that it is the malware that has made the victim more aware of his computer in a way that he is not aware of the working of his telephone or his television, and if I borrow that maxim: "It is right to learn from the enemy" then I believe that this applies here too. If anything one learns to safegaurd ones data into two places, one learns to see oneself as open to attack, without malware or the threat of malware I even wonder how many people would read logs then, no, what seperates the malware reader from a person who would just reformat/reinstal is his ability to see and to react to what he is seeing, how I envy you that sight then and commend this school for the good it does by it, me I am still blind but I am not stoped, I am spured by the knowledge that malware is not to be taken lightly.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions