Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

help without internet connection?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

help without internet connection?

Unread postby raglogsup » March 7th, 2006, 1:53 pm

I am not sure if this is the place to post, but it was the best option I could find.

I have a computer that was given to us and it has some issues. I have ran Spybot-Search & Destroy as well as the Ad-Aware that were luckily already installed on it. I have searched for AVG but it doesn't seem to be on the computer. I tried to download it to a disc then a CD but don't seem to be allowed to do that. The computer does however have HiJackThis installed though (yippy!). Each time I run Spybot and Ad-aware several problems are found I have managed to improve the performance of the computer by doing this as well as removing many programs but it still seems to have something that still remains in the system since it always finds problems. I am a little reluctant to run the HJT program and save it to disc for uploading to a forum with the computer I am currently using because I don't want to 'spread the problem' to it.

The computer I am trying to fix for my son was only loading on initial startup after the screen saver came up and the mouse was moved to remove it. It didn't matter if the screen saver was set to come up in 2 or 10 minutes. It always was a background picture and pointer with no icons or start bar until after the screen saver appeared. I think we have managed to fix that problem as it seems to be loading quickly now with out the need for the screen saver to first appear (keeping our fingers crossed on this one).

Is there any way to get help without the computer being connected to the internet and are my fears of cross infection valid? Is there any way to get AVG saved to a CD for loading it on the other computer for scanning or does it have to be connected to the internet for the program to directly download?

Computer information is as follows:
Dell Dimension 2400 with P4 and running Windows XP SP1
2.66 GHz and 256 MB of RAM

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered,
Tracy
raglogsup

Advertisement
Register to Remove

update

Unread postby raglogsup » March 7th, 2006, 7:02 pm

I posted this same problem in the Dell Support help and am receiving assistance. I just wanted to let you know.

I guess I got a little antsy and maybe shouldn't have looked for help in two different places for the same problem. I felt a little bad about that but didn't want someone here to spend time trying to assist me when I have begun the process in another place.

Thank you so much for providing this oppertunity though, it is greatly appriciated and all of you are too! Keep up the good work. With todays world of weirdos that want to cause us problems with out computers it is nice to know there are people like you that want to help us out.

Tracy :)
raglogsup

Unread postby NonSuch » March 7th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Thanks for coming back to let us know that you're being helped at Dell. :)