Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

hardware not 64 bit compatible

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

hardware not 64 bit compatible

Unread postby Bob4 » February 10th, 2011, 8:00 am

First off I have never set up a VM so please indulge my lack of knowledge.
I want to get some hardware that isn't 64 bit compatible yet.
( For a garmin GPSMap)
Can I run a 32 bit VM on a 64 bit machine to maybe work around this?

This is what tech support told me:
The Gamin Data Card Programmer will not work on a 64-bit version of Windows, and you will need to install Homeport or MapSource on a different computer to use along with the Card Programmer.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: hardware not 64 bit compatible

Unread postby Sludge3000 » February 11th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Hello Bob4,

Yes, you should be able to run a 32-bit guest OS on a 64-bit host OS. It's when you try it the other way around that it has problems.
Sludge3000

Re: hardware not 64 bit compatible

Unread postby diver79 » February 12th, 2011, 2:52 pm

If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate you can install the app in XP Mode. This will install the application in the 32bit XP Virtual machine, but you will be able to access it as if it were installed on your local computer. See here for more info.
diver79
Retired Graduate

Return to Software Support (including Windows)