Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

If your computer was your pet, what name would you give then

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

If your computer was your pet, what name would you give then

Unread postby fleamailman » March 2nd, 2006, 2:20 pm

I will explain everything later, but I will take the plung first.

I wonder if my computer would like the name Zebedee since it seems to jump in, say something and plonk off.

Have you given your computer a name then, post it please.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » March 3rd, 2006, 4:26 pm

No name for my computer, but my daughter named her car MAX.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby fleamailman » March 3rd, 2006, 5:00 pm

It is a question I pose at quite a few forums, reflects the ongoing subconsience trend to turn ones computer into ones what, allay, pet, friend, I don't know, anyway, look out for those middleages women who seem to carry their little white ibooks clutched to their heart, normally there is a pet dog or cat set as the background. A recent artical pointing to the decline in the number of children, replaced by the growing number of pets, had me thinking that this trend might lead to pets replaced by personal computers.

But perhaps I should have let more people give their computers names before spilling the beans here.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby MPRep » March 3rd, 2006, 10:59 pm

das compu 01....:thumbup:
MPRep

Unread postby JimW » March 4th, 2006, 1:25 am

Ours have been named after family cats, present and past, for quite a while.

That gives us names like misty, pixel, and velcro. Others are cat-related, like momcat. Others are literary cats, like mycroft, lucyfur, and skitty.

And the Microsoft Windows "workgroup" name is...CATS! :D

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Kimberly » March 4th, 2006, 2:28 am

Our PC's are named after our dogs, which gives Attila, Sherba & Vigo
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Bob4 » March 4th, 2006, 7:05 am

Hmm, Never thought of giving my comp a name. I normally don't give inanimate objects a name. Although I take great pride in it .
But I guess if Idid it would be Dusty
Take pride in not very good astetiik care of ! :lol:
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby GS2 » March 4th, 2006, 8:02 am

My old Pc was often called something which I'd prefer not to repeat. This was probably down to the fact it was getting on a bit.

Now i've moved into the 21st century things are alot better, but no name, although Windows often gets called various profanities
GS2

Unread postby LDTate » March 4th, 2006, 8:59 am

Guess I'd call my tower T-Rex
LDTate
WTT Teacher
WTT Teacher

Unread postby Pollux.Castor » March 4th, 2006, 9:36 am

I have one called TRON, partly from the movie, but mostly a handed down name from my TRS-80 Model 1. Yes, I still have it and it still works. There's a trace command in the TRS-80 BASIC. It is activated with "TRON", and deactivated with "TROFF". It is my guess that is there the movie name came from.

My laptop is Procyon (anybody catch a theme here?)

Pollux.Castor
Pollux.Castor

Unread postby jahewi » March 9th, 2006, 11:40 am

I don't see the point in giving a name to something, that never wants to listen anyway :oops:
However, because the user-accounts on my test-computer are named Ghostbuster1, 2 and 3, i could name the computer Ghostbuster Central :D

Jan ;)
jahewi
Developer
Developer

Unread postby hyperpain2000 » March 9th, 2006, 7:01 pm

I'm sorry.. but this is so stupid. :lol:
hyperpain2000

Unread postby LilBambi » March 9th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Silly to be sure.

No name for either of my old PIIIs, but if I called them something it would likely be something like:

EOL - for two reasons:

end of line (another TRON thing ;) ) And also because one day I really need to upgrade and it won't be another PIII for obvious reasons! :P

Encyclopedia of LIFE (EOL):
http://eol.sdsc.edu/
The Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) is a collaborative global project designed to catalog the complete proteome of every living species in a flexible reference system. It is an open collaboration led by the San Diego Supercomputer Center, ...

Because it's a great concept and put out by a Supercomputer center ... always wanted one of those. :D

Or maybe Thing in honor of original Addams Family, or Dome of Silence or Chief, or 86 and 99 in honor of Get Smart.

Sheesh, I could find a bazillion names from old movies I love too! Maybe Robbie from Forbidden Planet, or Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still (my all time favorite B/W scifi movies).

But I don't name computers, but like others here, I have a few choice names I call them on occasion.

I haven't named my car either. But my hubby named is van Bessie and he names his computers; one of his old computers that is too old to trot around on the Internet has always been named HAL (another old scifi movie name).
LilBambi

Unread postby Gary R » March 10th, 2006, 4:47 am

Tend not to anthropomorphise objects, it's a tool, nothing more.

The sorts of things I've called my boxes over the years are not suitable for a public forum.

As for replacing your pet, can't see it somehow. Nothing can replace the greeting I get from my dogs when I get home.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby {EGS}SpicyRyan » March 22nd, 2006, 11:54 pm

Id name my computer , Shorty :downtown:
{EGS}SpicyRyan

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions