Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Slow Video over internet, slow system

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Slow Video over internet, slow system

Unread postby teajay » October 24th, 2010, 11:23 pm

turtledove,

I've been gone about 6 hours and when I got back the laptop was off. No other problems besides the ati driver, the system being slow and internet video only showing a frame every 5 or 12 seconds.

I figured out I can always make the ati driver give me an error by closing the laptop while it is on, let it hibernate or whatever then log back on. Everytime that will give me the ati driver message. As a matter of fact my worst problems started after closing my laptop while it was on. Also before that I used msconfig to remove some things, yahoo and msn messanger and a couple other things from my startup then everytime I booted I'd get some message saying I should reboot after turning the machine off and back on but I don't remember if it was something I did to stop it or it quit on its own. I can't think of anything else. Hope that helps a little.

I should be able to clean up a couple of gigs or so and I'll follow your instructions and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
teajay
teajay

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby turtledove » October 25th, 2010, 12:27 am

Good evening teajay,

Thank you for the information.

A note on msconfig: it should not be used for removing items from startup. You have WinPatrol, just open that, click the start up tab and select the item(s) then either disable or remove. This will stop them from starting automatically. It will not delete the item from your computer. Always use Add/Remove programs for that to be safe. If possible, re enable the items in msconfig, then follow the procedure above with winpatrol.
I'll await your next post and go from there.

Thanks

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 25th, 2010, 1:51 am

turtledove,

All I saw in msconfig that I'm sure I disabled was yahoo messanger and zooskmessenger (facebook dating chat app) there was also "WinZip Quick Pick" that I'm not sure if I disabled that or not so I left that alone.

Then there is teatimer which we disabled and digital line detect.

Later,
teajay
teajay

Unread postby teajay » October 25th, 2010, 2:41 am

Hey,

Windows didn't even display it's own error message correctly see below.

I used msconfig to enable yahoo messenger and zoosk messenger / chat (face book dating app).
There was also a Winzip Quick Pick and digital line detect not enabled but I'm not sure if I disabled them. Since they are disabled do you think I probably did that ?
Do you want them enabled ?

I left the checkbox unchecked and just clicked ok but it keeps coming up when I reboot so I would be in an infinate loop of rebooting unless I check the box.

Just to be overly cautious I'll wait before I follow your other directions.
teajay

System Configuration Utility

You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows
. .

The System Configuration Utility is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode,
causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time Windows starts.

Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normall and undo
the changes you made using the System Configuratin Utility

checkbox -- Don't show this message or launch the System Configuratoin Utility when Windows sti
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 25th, 2010, 3:34 am

Good evening teajay,

Lets continue with the new scan please.
Most items you listed should have a way to start in your start up menu. If things are not starting that should, let me know, we'll follow up with that once cleaned for good.
Also, let me know what happens if you check that box in msconfig to not display/run at start up please.
Thanks

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby turtledove » October 27th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Good Day teajay,
Are you having problems with scanning, or do you just need more time?
Let me know please.

Thank you
TD
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 28th, 2010, 10:01 am

Ooops,
Somehow I missed your previous post. After running msconfig the system was super super slow. While waiting for your reply that I missed I enabled everything except tea timer thinking those were probably turned on anyway. After using the checkbox to get msconfig console to quit running on startup and rebooting a few times the system speed returned back to it's normal slow.

I'll proceed with the scan and get back with you.

Thanks for the reminder,
teajay
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 28th, 2010, 11:33 am

Good Day teajay, :)

Thanks for letting me know. I'll await your scan results.

turtledove
Last edited by turtledove on November 13th, 2010, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 29th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Hey,

Trying to download OTC I would get the diagnose connection problem screen over and over but my hotmail tab in the same IE window worked fine but very slow. I downloaded to a jump drive and copied it to the laptop and it worked fine.

The scanner program took at least four hours to download and update. I don't know I fell asleep. I started the scan about 5 hours ago and the timer on the web page says elapsed time is only one hour forty minutes and it's only scanned 1,424 items.

This is extremly slow and will take days to run.

This old desktop I drug out the closet works fine, downloads quick and plays online videos and everything ok so it shouldn't be my internet. The only difference is this desktop is wired and the laptop is wireless.

Now what ?
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 30th, 2010, 12:09 am

Good evening teajay,

I'll have to check on that and see if something else will be better. If the scan is still going. let it be for now, it does take several hours to run.
Also, are you using the laptop plugged in or on battery? Best if plugged in, just checking.

I'll be back as soon as I can. Be patient, that scan may finish overnight, and may not be showing the correct amount of time/files yet. Let me know what is going on now though please.

Thanks,

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 1:18 am

Good morning :-)
teajay

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 1:24 am

Ooops

The scan shows four hours and 31,000 hours but it has been running for about 12 hours.

I think it may be because of my problem.

I have to leave it plugged in. The battery would have run down a long time ago.

There was an Apple Software window wanting me to install quicktime and something else but I didn't and just closed the window.

Do you have any ideas or can you just throw me a bone so I can have some more hope ?

I could have already started over setting the system to factory defaults and be finished reinstalling everything but would still prefer not too just on the chance it is something else.

Thanks again,
TJ
teajay

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 1:25 am

The scan shows four hours and 31,000 FILES but it has been running for about 12 hours.
teajay

Unread postby turtledove » October 30th, 2010, 1:59 am

Good evening teajay,

Thanks the information. I am inquiring about the issues and will get back to you as soon as I can.

The slowness may be related to your video, I'm not sure yet. What Video card/version is in the laptop?
I would leave any updates for now, as I will cover that later.

Thank you

turtledove
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby teajay » October 30th, 2010, 2:09 am

All I can remember is it is ATI graphics. Bought this dell laptop early 06 so probabably a 2005 model. Inspiron D810.

When I can get back into the bios I can get all the details.

Thanks !!!!
teajay

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext