Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help with potential Malware/Virus!!!!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Help with potential Malware/Virus!!!!!

Unread postby RasKhalif » August 7th, 2010, 5:35 am

What I posted was everything in the Eset Txt Log. . I saved the txt log to my desktop. I am getting 1 Alert from Norton saying there is 1 unresolved high risk threat. called Backdoor.Tidserlinf - virus. Norton says it requires assistance to remove
RasKhalif

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby melboy » August 7th, 2010, 6:20 am

Hi

As you have confirmation of the infection, a backdoor gives intruders complete control of your computer, logs your keystrokes, steal personal information, etc.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

Your computer is infected with a ROOTKIT. In particular, the TDL3 rootkit, also known as Win32/Alureon. A rootkit is a set of software tools intended for concealing running processes, files or system data from the operating system.

Due to its rootkit functionality, it's impossible to tell what may be done while the system is compromised.

Therefore it may be prudent to:

1. Call all your banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and put a watch on your accounts.
  2. Using a known clean computer, change all your passwords (ISP login password, your email address(es) passwords, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, Amazon, online groups and forums and any other online activities you carry out which require a username and password)

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

Windows Rootkits

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

If you would like to carry on in an attempt to clean this machine please post the mbam log as requested and we'll take it from there.
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Unread postby RasKhalif » August 7th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Since I have backed up my files is it ok to reload the os and upload my backed up files so I don;t lose all of the files I need?
RasKhalif

Unread postby melboy » August 8th, 2010, 8:36 am

Yes, that would be ok.

It would be prudent to have your chosen anti-virus installed and updated before restoring any backups. You can then right click the drive the backups reside on and invoke the anti-virus scan from the context menu to ensure the backups are clean.

This link may help further:

Link: How to Reformat & Reinstall your Operating System

Am I to take it you wish to reinstall the OS?
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Unread postby melboy » August 10th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Hi RasKhalif

It has been two days since my last post.

Do you still need help?
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Unread postby jmw3 » August 11th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous