Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Facebook and Hijackers

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Facebook and Hijackers

Unread postby iowabucks » July 29th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Hey everyone, i have a friend on Facebook that seems to have some type of Hijacker take over. It seems to be posting links to many other friends pages without her knowledge. It always goes something like "(the link) helped me knock out 8lbs in 8 days". I have seen many others all through Facebook like "I won a free Ipod, here is how i did it. (link)".

First off i know Facebook can also be a rather risky site as i have read of different viruses being spread on it. I know better than to click on links that are strange or sound too good to be true. I stay away from Farmville and all the other games and apps that need access to your information to be able to run.

I would like to learn a little bit about what this might be and how to get rid of it so that i may be able to direct her on what to do.

I'm guessing there may have been some talk about things like these on this forum but my searches all bring up non relevant information. Anybody know much about this?

Thanks, Jerry.
iowabucks

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Facebook and Hijackers

Unread postby NonSuch » July 29th, 2010, 5:26 pm

No one can properly diagnose a problem and offer instructions to fix it, based solely on a description of the problem. That's far too risky.

You should ask your friend to come here and register, and then follow the forum guideline to correctly post a HijackThis log and then wait for further instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47959

Do not attempt to post a log for your friend and then try to relay instructions to them. That method is not in your friend's best interests, and almost always ends with the topic being closed for inactivity.