Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Word perfect (well, not quite)

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Word perfect (well, not quite)

Unread postby kdd9 » February 16th, 2006, 4:36 am

I was browsing a tech support forum today and a certain topic caught my eye:

Corel Word Perfect ---> Jesus

It is a post that dvk01 is helping on. Here is a quote from the user's first statement. I like that the guy has not lost his sense of humor over the ordeal:

Today when I turned my computer on, the Wordperfect icon on my desktop was renamed to "Jesus." Whereas I believe in Jesus, it don't believe that Wordperfect is Jesus (although it is probably moreso than MS Word) :) Just wondering if anyone has heard of any virus that would change icon names . . .

http://forums.techguy.org/security/4420 ... jesus.html

kdd9
kdd9

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 16th, 2006, 4:47 am

More likely that was a 'friend' using his computer, just renamed it.

I do get that at my churhc computers from time to time, although the naming convention is not the same :sign5:
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby MPRep » February 17th, 2006, 12:01 am

I didn't get this part of the fix:

The O4 entry that starts dm***.exe ( it will be different every time it starts so I can't tell you exactly what it is but it will start DM then have 3 or 4 random letters then .exe

I can't find any dm***.exe file in the O4 entries.... :?

Checking my reading skills...lol
*blaming Ctrl+F* :P
MPRep

Unread postby Piney » February 17th, 2006, 4:27 am

I like that the guy has not lost his sense of humor over the ordeal:

You know, this points out that when you (the user) gets infected, the choices are to get angry, get even, get clean or get plain silly :)
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Stem » February 17th, 2006, 2:53 pm

He must have a good sence of humour, he is using the onboard nVidia firewall/anti hacker. I have yet to see one of these work correctly.
Stem

Unread postby Bob4 » February 17th, 2006, 3:18 pm

MPRep wrote:I didn't get this part of the fix:

The O4 entry that starts dm***.exe ( it will be different every time it starts so I can't tell you exactly what it is but it will start DM then have 3 or 4 random letters then .exe

It's part of the Wareout fix I beleive. I can't find it exactly but I'm pretty sure I read it as an addition to the fix somewhere.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby amateur » February 17th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Quote:

It's part of the Wareout fix I beleive. I can't find it exactly but I'm pretty sure I read it as an addition to the fix somewhere.Yes, you are right, Bob. It's a part of Wareout fix.

Yes, you are right Bob, it's part of the Wareout fix.
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions