Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bad design of phpBB ??

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Bad design of phpBB ??

Unread postby krizniak » February 15th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Each time I wanna print a topic in any area of the board, I run into problems : the layout on the paper make that the usefull information is cutted on the right side.

After it feel I like Hulk !! :twisted:

This come, I think, from the fact that for Authors columns, designers have used a fixed width of 150 pixels, and that the second column has a size expressed in percents.
Maybe (more than probably, I already had a lot of probs with designing CSS stylesheets for IE) is the print engine in IE quite bad for portrait layout. Landscape printing does not cause any problem, of course... but is not ease of use to review printings...

May I suggest the site admins (I know : you have already a lot of work... Especially with boyz like me :-)) to try to locate the place where author headers and contents are displayed and to try a percentage value in place of fixed value.

On a second hand, I personaly use the technique of CSS media selection, making that a div or named section with a css setting 'display:none' only on printed media will not be displayed. So, the all place is available for the printing of the pertinent information... making visitors happy not to choose a specific 'printer version'...

Maybe should I direct someone from the phpBB development team to this topic ?
krizniak

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 15th, 2006, 5:36 pm

One of the items in my todo list - is the printer friendly view of topics :)
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby JimW » February 15th, 2006, 6:28 pm

krizniak wrote:Maybe should I direct someone from the phpBB development team to this topic ?

You made some points about column widths that might be very helpful to the phpBB developers. There's a phpBB forum that's ideal for suggestions like this. Give it a try! :)

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby krizniak » February 15th, 2006, 8:06 pm

HI,

I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

For now, I think I'll go to sleep :-)

:sleepy3: :sleepy2: :sleepy3:
krizniak

Unread postby krizniak » February 16th, 2006, 3:52 am

The message was transmitted on the appropriate forum.

Thanks JimW, hope that could help the community ;)
krizniak

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions