Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

BIOS Problem

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

BIOS Problem

Unread postby dmaster363 » June 2nd, 2010, 12:15 pm

I have a second PC, a Compact Deskpro, that got infected with a fake security virus. I tried to shut it down and restart, but on restarting I get the following error (error loading operating systems). Is there any way around this problem? It ran Windows XP Office and, NO, I do not have the disk. Should I just throw it out?
dmaster363

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: BIOS Problem

Unread postby NonSuch » June 3rd, 2010, 1:02 am

Your machine may likely have a recovery partition. Turn on the computer and immediately begin pressing the F10 key repeatedly until a Recovery Screen appears.

As your computer is an older one, with Windows XP, it should utilize the F10 key for recovery. So, try F10 first. If that doesn't work, restart the machine and immediately depress the F11 key and continue holding it down until the recovery manager comes up. You should see an option for System Recovery, or something similar, select it and follow the instructions.

As the resolution of this issue requires a reformat, and general basic advice has been offered, this topic will now be closed.

You can help support this site from this link:
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator