Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

HiJack This Log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: HiJack This Log

Unread postby jms2344 » May 17th, 2010, 1:24 am

I should have a chance to work on this tomorrow night. Thanks.
jms2344

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Wingman » May 17th, 2010, 10:19 am

Sounds good! ;)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jms2344 » May 19th, 2010, 2:10 am

Wingman,

I have created the System Restore point and gone through the deletes. Now I need to review the other information. Quick question though. Is AVG worthwhile or is there something better?

I will review the other information and let you know if I have any other questions.

jms2344
jms2344

Unread postby Wingman » May 19th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Hello jms2234

AVG is an adequate AV product. Personally it installs a little more than I would ike, toolbars, for example, that can be tedious to remove.
I use Avast Free and it does a nice job for me. There are other free AV products available as well. Here are some links, if interested.

Anti-virus software will help detect, cleanse, and erase harmful virus files on a computer, Web server, or network.
Unchecked, virus files can unintentionally be forwarded to others, including trading partners and thereby spreading infection. Anti-virus software can scan the computer memory and disk drives for malicious code. They can alert the user if a virus is present, and will clean, delete (or quarantine) infected files or directories.

1. Antivir PersonalEdition Classic- Superior detection, the "free" version has no email scan.
  2. avast! Free Antivirus - Excellent detection, the freeware version includes email scanning.
  3. Microsoft Security Essentials ** - New, from Microsoft, with email scanning, easy to install, easy to use.
    ** Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
A good (pay for) Anti-virus program is ESET NOD32 Antivirus - 30 day free trial.

Installing a new AV product.
Do NOT uninstall any existing anti-virus product yet!
  1. Download the new Anti-virus product to your computer.
  2. Save any work. Close all applications, especially your Internet connection.
  3. Uninstall any existing anti-virus product... Use the AV uninstall option if available.
  4. Reboot your computer, if not done during the uninstall.
  5. Install the new AV product... following installation instructions.
  6. Check for updates to the new AV product, if not done during install setup.
  7. Run a full scan of your computer.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time.
Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jms2344 » May 21st, 2010, 1:30 am

It's been a busy week. I should be able to get this wrapped up this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

jms2344
jms2344

Unread postby Wingman » May 21st, 2010, 8:29 am

Sounds good. :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Wingman » May 23rd, 2010, 8:40 am

3 Day Response
Hello...
It has been 2 days since my last post to you.
  • Do you need more time?
  • Are you having problems understanding or following my instructions?
Just let me know what's going on otherwise...
After 24 hrs., if you have not replied to this thread... it will be closed!
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jms2344 » May 24th, 2010, 12:02 am

Wingman,

I apologize for not getting things done this weekend. It ended up being busy and I didn't spend much time online. I am going to set aside time Monday evening to move forward. Thanks for your patience.

jms2344
jms2344

Unread postby Wingman » May 25th, 2010, 6:32 am

Hello jms2344,

As you have completed the cleanup and created a new restore point, the remaining items in my last post are to be considered and performed when you have the opportunity. Malware Removal forum is for helping those with malware problems. It appears that your problem has been resolved, so I am going to ask for this topic to be closed... as resolved.

Glad we could be of assistance. :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » May 25th, 2010, 7:19 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!