Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Mbam cannot remove "Trojan.PWS"

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Mbam cannot remove "Trojan.PWS"

Unread postby av8r » May 9th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Hi Wingman. This didn't work either. The installation wizard cannot find files that it needs to copy. Is that because I moved the I386 folder to the Windows folder? Are you sure it can't run from the root directory? Also, do I need to uninstall the (nonfunctional) version that is on my machine before attempting to reinstall, or can the installation wizard just overlay the existing one?
av8r

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Wingman » May 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Hello av8r,

You didn't have to move the folder to the windows directory... just adjust the instructions to point to wherever the folder was located.

Were you connected to the Internet when you tried to install?
If not try again, with an Internet connection.
I'm not sure you have to uninstall the old first or not...

Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby av8r » May 10th, 2010, 1:16 am

Ok, I moved the folder back to its original location and tried to execute with an internet connection in place. Still no luck. It's not finding the files it's looking for.
av8r

Unread postby Wingman » May 10th, 2010, 9:56 am

Hi av8r,

I'm going to have to check with some colleagues, to best see how to proceed. I get back to you as soon as possible. :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby av8r » May 10th, 2010, 12:17 pm

OK, thanks.
av8r

Unread postby Wingman » May 10th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Hello av8r,

Based on your current level of problems and the amount of time and effort you and Malware Removal helpers have put into resolving your issues, the best thing for you to do at this point in time is to contact Dell and request a set of Recovery Disks.
Then reformat and reinstall your operating system. I would advise backing up your personal data to an external medium, either a CD\DVD or external drive. Unfortunately, this is the best and safest option now for getting your computer clean of multiple infections.

The reformat and reinstall possibility was mentioned early on, in the efforts to resolve your problem and has become the only viable, safe method of getting your computer clean.
I'm sorry that we could not have been of more help. Please let me know you have seen this post, at which time I will ask for it to be closed. Thanks.

Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby av8r » May 10th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Ok, thanks to you and Katana for all your efforts.
av8r

Unread postby Wingman » May 11th, 2010, 5:58 pm

You're welcomed. :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Dakeyras » May 11th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Since we have done all we can, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous