Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Assistance in removing malaware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Assistance in removing malaware

Unread postby askey127 » March 11th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Did you save Blacklight from the download site to your desktop?
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby BLEUTROUT1969 » March 11th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Yes, when I open it ,I accept the agreement and then it immediately goes to the "step 1 scan for hidden items" window.

FYI, This is exactly what I cut and pasted:
"%userprofile%\desktop\fsbl.exe" /expert

( I had this tab open, but I was not viewing it when you were here.)
BLEUTROUT1969

Unread postby askey127 » March 12th, 2010, 7:18 am

One of the common problems with the old Adobe Acrobat 5 is that the Updater doesn't work properly.
The program is expensive, so updating is not a routine thing anyway.
If you don't use it to edit/change or create PDF files, you should remove it and just use the new Adobe Reader you just installed to read and print PDF files.

When the machine slows to a crawl, Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously. This will pop up the Task Manager.
In the Processes, see whether any process is using a large percentage of CPU time. If it's a file with a name something AdbUpgr.exe, it is likely the Acrobat 5 trying to update itself. You would have to change a setting so Acrobat 5 doesn't try to Update, or you would have to Uninstall it.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BLEUTROUT1969 » March 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Thanks I removed Adobe Acrobat 5.
BLEUTROUT1969

Unread postby askey127 » March 12th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Would you like to review the toolbars and services to see what we can remove?
These types of removals will generally improve the system response times.

I don't see any malware on your system.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BLEUTROUT1969 » March 12th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Yes, definitely :)
Where do we start?
BLEUTROUT1969

Unread postby askey127 » March 12th, 2010, 3:03 pm

BLEUTROUT1969,

All the changes from HiJackThis can be reversed from the HJT backup folder, as long as you don't Uninstall HJT.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Remove Registry items with HighjackThis. Start HijackThis.
Click Do System Scan Only. When the Scan is complete, Check the following entries:
(Some of these lines may be missing)
O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
O9 - Extra button: PokerStars.net - {FA9B9510-9FCB-4ca0-818C-5D0987B47C4D} - C:\Program Files\PokerStars.NET\PokerStarsUpdate.exe
O16 - DPF: {48884C41-EFAC-433D-958A-9FADAC41408E} (EGamesPlugin Class) - https://www.e-games.com.my/com/EGamesPlugin.cab
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe

Make sure Every other window except HJT is closed (No other tabs showing in the bottom tray), and Click Fix Checked
Click the "X" in the upper right corner of the HiJackThis window to close it.
----------------------------------------------
Run Temp File Cleaner
Download Temp File Cleaner and save it to your desktop.
Double click to run it. (Right click and Run as Administrator in Vista)
If it asks to Reboot, choose to do so. This will remove files that could not be removed while Windows was running.
After Restart, log back in to your usual account.
Install WinPatrol - Download and Install the Free WinPatrol, and view Instructions here: http://www.winpatrol.com/winpatrol.html
- WinPatrol is an active program that drops a "Scotty Dog" icon into the system tray (right click to check/change status), allows you to monitor/edit startups, services, Browser helpers, and prompts for permission if any program tries to change your system.

With Winpatrol, you can start and stop Services, stop programs from starting automatically, and reverse the call if anything you do turns out to be a mistake.
Highlight the service in question and click Info. The dialog that pops up allows you to stop a service or disable it so it won't start at reboot.
You can put it back later if you want.
(Don't fool with any Microsoft Services. The default is not to show those, anyway).
Download JkDefrag-3.36.zip from here: http://kessels.biz/JkDefrag/
Unzip it. It doesn't have to be installed.
Run it on your system and go have lunch or supper, or...
I chose not to kill off Window Washer, but I must tell you: their Webroot's Spysweeper is notorious for slowing down machines.
You can try disabling that Service with Winpatrol if nothing else works well.

Let me know how the system runs.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BLEUTROUT1969 » March 12th, 2010, 4:09 pm

Done, The system really seems to be running much faster, thanks for your time you guys/gals RULE!!!
BLEUTROUT1969

Unread postby askey127 » March 12th, 2010, 4:13 pm