Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hello people !

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Hello people !

Unread postby maxi » November 25th, 2009, 11:06 am

Hi, I have recently been admitted into MRU, I'm on the waiting list at present and I have a question for you. I am going to purchase a new laptop and wonder if anybody could give me tips about what I should get. I will be using it for training only.
No games, videos ect. I will probably install I-tunes. If you could share any information on what speed or size should do me I would be very grateful. Thanks alot.
Last edited by maxi on November 25th, 2009, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxi
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Hello people !

Unread postby candcantiques » November 25th, 2009, 5:29 pm

#1 Toshiba
#2 Sony
#3 Dell
candcantiques

Unread postby careless25 » November 26th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Hey and welcome to MRU!
MRU doesnt require you to have a up to date laptop. I would suggest that you get something that fits into your price range. From what i have seen in MRU you only need excel/word for most of the exercises, a decent internet connection and just dedication to get through.

Are you going to carry that laptop with you wherever you go? Or is it just going to sit at home?
The reason i ask is because some laptops are meant for 'business' and others for home use.

C25
careless25

Unread postby maxi » November 27th, 2009, 7:52 am

Thank you careless25, I must get a new one anyway so I will just get something I like. As for dedication, I hope I have what it takes. Looking forward to trying :bounce:
maxi
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Cypher » November 27th, 2009, 8:09 am

Just one bit of advice try to get a 32-bit system as most of the tools we use are not 64-bit compatible :)
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby maxi » November 27th, 2009, 8:30 am

Nice one Cypher
maxi
Retired Graduate

Unread postby xixo_12 » January 6th, 2010, 11:09 am

Be prepare to install VirtualPC :)
xixo_12
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby shazam » January 20th, 2010, 12:44 pm

candcantiques wrote:#1 Toshiba
#2 Sony
#3 Dell

I will stay away for Toshiba laptop is poorly design.
You can try configure Acer, Dell, HP and Sony laptop and see what has the better price.
I know Dell has discount for University/College. (You can sometime tell if you school has only dell pc.) The link will be http://www.delluniversity.com/ only USA I think.
Also I hear some good thing about Lenovo ThinkPad (Was made by IBM).

Some good online site to buy laptop from http://www.newegg.com and http://www.tigerdirect.com/.
http://www.techbargains.com/laptopcomputernotebookreview.cfm?r1=1 go out and find the best deal from dell.com hp.com, Best Buy , Staple....etc
EXPIRED Dell Studio XPS 13 Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz 13.3in Laptop (4GB/320GB/NVIDIA 9400M/Win 7) $599.99
this was a good deal to bad it gone ($949 laptop for 599.99).

Cypher wrote:Just one bit of advice try to get a 32-bit system as most of the tools we use are not 64-bit compatible :)

I think he mean Operating system.

Don't get Vista!
shazam

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions