Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Total Security

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Total Security

Unread postby Gulfvet91 » September 17th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Total Security has infected the computer my wife and kids use online and I can't regain control of it. It has me locked out of Super Anti-spyware, Malware Bytes, Task Manager and the command prompt. I can't even get to safe mode. Is this at the point where I MUST pay the local geek pirates $75/hr to wipe it and reload or is there some other way I can get rid of this loathsome crap?

Hacked off in Ohio
Gulfvet91

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Total Security

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » September 22nd, 2009, 2:40 pm

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Unread postby km2357 » September 24th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Hello and welcome to Malware Removal.

My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

Sorry for the delay in replying, the forum is very busy. If you still need help, please do the following:

If you can't download these tools/files from the infected computer, you can use a Flash/USB Drive and a clean computer to download and transfer tools, files and logs back and forth.

Step # 1 Download and run DDS

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Step # 2: Download and Run Gmer

Please download gmer.zip from Gmer and save it to your desktop.

***Please close any open programs ***

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security Analyst

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
  • Click No.
  • Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure the 'Show All' button is unticked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log.
  • Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

DO NOT touch the PC at ALL for Whatever reason/s until it has 100% completed its scan, or attempted scan in case of some error etc !

Please post the results from the GMER scan in your reply.

In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:

1. The two DDS Logs (DDS and Attach.txt)
2. The GMER Log

Use multiple posts if you can't get everything into one post.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gulfvet91 » September 26th, 2009, 4:28 pm

When I had time to try putting those programs onto that computer today from my usb drive, I powered the computer up and all it does is beep at me. Nothing is showing on the monitor. I imagine this is Game Over, right?
Gulfvet91

Unread postby km2357 » September 27th, 2009, 1:11 am

Gulfvet91 wrote:When I had time to try putting those programs onto that computer today from my usb drive, I powered the computer up and all it does is beep at me. Nothing is showing on the monitor. I imagine this is Game Over, right?

What brand of computer is it? How many times does it beep at you? Is it one beep, multiple beeps, or one continous beep?
And after waiting for a few minutes does anything show up on the monitor or does it just stay dark?
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gulfvet91 » September 27th, 2009, 11:44 am

The monitor stays dark and it just keeps beeping at intervals of about 2 seconds. The computer is a Compaq.
Gulfvet91

Unread postby km2357 » September 27th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Thanks for the info.

It sounds like its a hardware problem. :(

I'm going to ask my fellow malware fighters for confirmation.

I'll be back ASAP.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby km2357 » September 28th, 2009, 2:23 am

Hi Gulfvet91,

This does indeed look like a hardware problem.

You can go to the following website to help diagnose what specific hardware problem you have:

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gulfvet91 » September 28th, 2009, 8:05 am

PC Hell says it is a power supply or motherboard problem. So much for that computer.
Gulfvet91

Unread postby km2357 » September 28th, 2009, 2:30 pm

You can do three things to help rectify the problem:

1. You can buy a new motherboard or power supply and install it yourself.
2. Or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can take it to a local computer shop and have them install the new hardware
3. Or you can replace the computer with a brand new one.

Its up to you to decide what you want to do.

Since your computer is dead, I can't do anymore from here, so I'll have the thread closed.

Let me know when you've read this, so I can have the thread closed.

Good luck.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gulfvet91 » September 28th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Thanks for all the advice, KM! I'm off to ebay and Mendeslon's.
Gulfvet91

Unread postby km2357 » September 29th, 2009, 1:24 am

You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you out. :)

Good luck and in the future, safe surfing!
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gary R » September 29th, 2009, 3:42 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove