Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

help computer is runing slow TROJ DLOADER.AKZ can't remove

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby lecia1 » January 10th, 2006, 12:14 pm

ok I will tray this later this evening - can you give me details on how to do the admin part - not sure ?
lecia1

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 10th, 2006, 12:41 pm

All users are local administrator on Windows Me computers. Forget about Admin rights. Just try the safe mode part out I suggested. :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 10th, 2006, 1:24 pm

thak you I will do this and let you know how it works -
lecia1

Unread postby lecia1 » January 10th, 2006, 10:12 pm

I ran Adware in normal mode and upded it - then reboote and stated in safe mode - ran ad adware scan agan (not sure what admin rights account is) there wer 14 cricial errors that I tried to quaranteen - it would not let me delete the
- I tried to save but this is what I got - not sure if its what you need -

also the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing is version 17.

Ad-Aware em.

SE Build 1.06r1
Logfile Created on:Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:11:32 PM
Created with Ad-Aware SE Personal, free for private use.
Using definitions file:SE1R85 04.01.2006
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

References detected during the scan:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
AdBlaster(TAC index:7):2 total references
BrilliantDigital(TAC index:6):4 total references
Cydoor(TAC index:7):2 total references
DownloadWare(TAC index:8):1 total references
eUniverse(TAC index:10):3 total references
TopSearch(TAC index:5):1 total references
WhenU(TAC index:3):1 total references
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Ad-Aware SE Settings
===========================
Set : Search for low-risk threats
Set : Safe mode (always request confirmation)
Set : Scan active processes
Set : Scan registry
Set : Deep-scan registry
Set : Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs
Set : Scan my Hosts file

Extended Ad-Aware SE Settings
===========================
Set : Unload recognized processes & modules during scan
Set : Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
Set : Always try to unload modules before deletion
Set : Include basic Ad-Aware settings in log file
Set : Include additional Ad-Aware settings in log file
Set : Include reference summary in log file
Set : Include alternate data stream details in log file
Set : Play sound at scan completion if scan locates critical objects

1-10-2006 8:11:33 PM - Scan started. (Full System Scan)

Listing running processes
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
lecia1

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 11th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Hi lucia1,

Thank you for the log. OK, you still seems to have a problem with Lavasofts Adware. The cause of this could well be because of your Norton. The latest versions of Symantec have had a slew of problems. So what I will suggest you do is to uninstall your current Norton. Look here to see how you uninstall it completly.
Once uninstalled I would highly recomend you install a free Anti-Virus. Even if it's untill your problems have been solved, you can always uninstall this if you decide to. AVG and Avast are two of the leading Anti-Virus programs experts recomend. For AVG click here and select AVG 7.1 for Windows. Or for Avast click here. Just download and install one of these.

We need to try and eliminate to why Lavasoft is not deleting the objects it finds.

----------

As regards to Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. We can only warn you about this as it puts ads and offers all over the screen and queries for personal data in an underhanded way, runs in a 640x480 (HUGE) screen mode -- crashes if screen resolution is different, difficult to navigate. That screen resolution could be why it is not working for you to. See here for details. There is another piece of typing software from here, which is also free. But this is entirely optional.

----------

So once you have installed one of the two Anti-Virus programs I suggested. Run your computer for a day. Update Adware. Then let's try Adware in Safe Mode again. Include a fresh HijackThis log in your reply. Any problems or questions you may have. I will be here to answer.

Andy :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 11th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Thanks I will try this - I won't be able till tomorrow evening.

I oplan to call Mavis Beacon about that program and return it for a full refund.
lecia1

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 11th, 2006, 1:02 pm

That is fine lecia1. :thumbright:
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 13th, 2006, 8:17 pm

I am sorry if I seem to be a computer dummy - I tried to add/remove Norton and it will not allow me to since it states "unable to locate the installation log file C:Program Files Norton Antivirus Nav95isu uninstallation will not continue. So I went back on line and got info on if this wasn't successful what to do - in symantec - I was able to delete from the start menu - but not the hard drive and the registry - what is the Registry Editor?

So therefore, I can't go any further. Please help.

Thanks.
lecia1

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 14th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Ok lecia1,

What year of Norton are you using. Like for example Norton Anti-Virus 2003. Or 2004. Just so I can tell you what method you use to uninstall Norton as each Norton year has a seperate way of uninstalling itself.

AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 16th, 2006, 10:22 am

Norton 2001 version
lecia1

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 16th, 2006, 10:24 am

Ok lecia1. Let's try removing NAV this way.

You need to use something called Rnav2003.exe. The Rnav2003.exe can be use to remove NAV. Click here at Symantec. Follow the details carefully. This should work as I have seen other people with the same version NAV use it to good affect.

After that(if it worked). Make sure you get one of the two anti-virus programs and retry Ad-Aware. And post a revised HijackThis log.

AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 17th, 2006, 10:44 pm

I was able to remove Norton 2001. I reran Adware twice and restarted the computer each time - there are still 14 critical items that it will not let me remove.

Here is the Highjack.this info:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:36:01 PM, on 1/17/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DEVLDR16.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\VISIONEER ONETOUCH\ONETOUCHMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHMAISV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ink Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\EPSON\INKMON~1\InkMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast! Web Scanner] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [devldr16.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\devldr16.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Dell Home - {08DCFC6C-B6E4-480C-95A4-FC64F37B787E} - http://www.dellnet.com/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mid: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... asinst.cab

thanks
lecia1

Unread postby lecia1 » January 18th, 2006, 2:38 pm

I see you rec'd my message from last night - but I have not heard back yet as to what to do

thank you
lecia1

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 18th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Hi lecia1,

Sorry for the inconvenience. As an Undergrad we get all our suggested fixes checked by Teachers here at MRU. One downfall to that is that our replies will not be as quick. But the benifits of that is, that you get the best advice available. The teacher helping me also helps at other boards. And the time differance invloved makes a difference too. I shall get in touch and get him to check my fix that is waiting to be checked.

Again. Sorry for the inconvenience. :? Don't be down hearted. We commit in getting poeple like yourself clean and having the control back that you should have. I have not forgotton.

AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby lecia1 » January 18th, 2006, 3:49 pm

no problem - thanks again - you have been geat throughout
lecia1

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext