Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Computer running slow

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Computer running slow

Unread postby mysterious » July 10th, 2009, 2:08 am

Lately, my conmputer has been running awfully slow. For example, going from one tab on IE to another tab on same IE window takes seconds. Needless to say, there is a pause after I click on a link and before the actual action start taking place. It even slower when I have clicked one link in one tab and while the system is retrieving the page, and at the same time if I intend to go to another tab to read while it is being worked on another tab.

I recently upgraded to the following 8 months ago. When it was newly upgraded, I had noticed improvement. But, now it is bad. Something wrong with the HD?

HITACHI Travelstar 5K160 HTS541616J9AT00 (0A28419) 160GB 5400 RPM 2.5" ATA-6 Notebook Hard Drive - OEM

Crucial 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Laptop Memory Model CT12864X335 (for a total of 1.5GB)

Windows XP, cable high speed, IE 7 (I removed IE8- to see if it would improve)

I have already performed steps outlined in a post "of your computer is running slow........."

Please help!

Thanks
mysterious
Member+

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Computer running slow

Unread postby Noviciate » July 10th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Good evening. :)

We can do very little to help with what you have posted so far. Please take the time to read this post and then start a NEW thread and post a HJT log into it and a brief description of the problem and somebody will he along as soon as.

As Helpers look for threads with zero replies, and this one no longer qualifies as that, i'll close this one and you can continue with your problem in the new one.
Noviciate
MRU Master
MRU Master