Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Help...

Unread postby Jennanicole » May 20th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Need help with my grandmothers computer...

Hope Im posting in the right area. I apologize if Im not...

Not really sure what you will need to know as I am not very knowledgable in this area...

Any time that you open the IE browser, IE window opens up to a website " sameshitasiteverwas.com "

She uses Trend Micro, so when this opens up... instead of "this website" opening, it reads that Trend Micro is blocking it.

Since this has started happening... The internet also hangs when you try to go to different websites. However, websites such as Google, MSN, etc.. do come up quickly. I called her service provider (Atlantic Broadband) and they told me that it looked fine and was working properly from what they could see.

I've also ran the Trend Micro "full system scan" and it doesnt register any viruses, spyware, etc.

Also, does anyone know of any issues with the Trend Micro. She gets popup notifications on a regular basis stating that there are problems with the latest Trend Micro Security update? Ive searched online for any information pertaining to this, but have come up empty handed...

I'm at loss at what to do and at a dead end because I have absolutely no idea as to how to fix this. I saw on another closed post, that someone else had a problem with this as well and had posted logs and HJT files? No idea how to get those for you. As I stated earlier, I am a "dummy" when it comes to in depth things such as this.... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jenna
Jennanicole

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Help...

Unread postby NonSuch » May 20th, 2009, 8:36 pm

In order for us to help you it is necessary that you provide us with a HijackThis log. Please follow the guideline at the link below to start a new topic and post your HijackThis log.