Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Books, books, books... Please.

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Books, books, books... Please.

Unread postby John B. » April 23rd, 2009, 9:23 am

Hi,

In the sixth and last class of secondary school, in Holland, we have to do a big project. We can choose the subject ourselves but it has to do with the classes that we follow, logically.

Now I decided to find out more about the use of power in an economy, mostly concentrating on monopoly (where instead of much producers you have only one who has all the power). Here I woudld like to know how much of a disadvantage it would be for the general wealth to have monopoly in a certain market and not multiple producers.

Another subject that I would like to do, if the first is not possible, is out of what equations and formulas I nations economy can be built of and what makes the difference. If you do not know what I mean: Y=C+B+S is an easy exampe. The letters are probably different in your country but I hope you get what I mean.

The big problem in choosing a subject is that I need to find at least two written sources. Written here means from a book or anything other that does not come from the internet. That is why I was wondering if anybody of you know some titles of books or magazines that contain pretty detailed and professional information of one of either subjects. One book I have already found is 'Economics In Two Volumes: Volume I. Economic Principles' by Frank A. Fetter. It is about monopoly.

If anybody of you know such a book or have it, please let me know the titel at least so that I can make up my mind about what topic I should take.

Thanks in advance!

John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Books, books, books... Please.

Unread postby Katana » May 5th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Zero bump.
Sorry John, the only thing I know about Monopoly is that my sister always used to win

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby John B. » May 6th, 2009, 11:23 am

Hehe, thanks. May very well be useful.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Odd dude » May 6th, 2009, 12:04 pm

I take it books you bought for your classes don't count?

Maybe you can check up on whomever wrote your books for economy - see if s/he wrote more which may be usable.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions