Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Computer assistance request from LisaM

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Computer assistance request from LisaM

Unread postby Carolyn » April 16th, 2009, 7:07 am

I did it. I have a question about internet explorer, I know you have advised me to change, but I have not done so yet. I tried to open and RAA, and the normal popup came on and said that "A program needs your permission to continue" but it said it was windows vista se build and under that it said microsoft corporation. I clicked on the details box and it opened and said C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, arnt they suppose to say the name of the program that you selected?

you "tried to and RAA..."? I'm sorry Lisa but I do not understand what it is you are talking about here.
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby LisaM » April 17th, 2009, 12:18 am

I tried to Run As Administrator. Sorry.
LisaM

Unread postby Carolyn » April 17th, 2009, 10:32 am

Oh, okay Lisa. Now I understand... RAA went right over my head :lol:

I clicked on the details box and it opened and said C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, arnt they suppose to say the name of the program that you selected?

The details box will tell you the location of the program and the name of the program's executable file. In this case iexplore.exe is the executable file that runs when you launch Internet Explorer. The location is a folder named "Internet Explorer" and that folder is located in a folder on your C: drive named "Program Files".

===============

CleanUp! with OTMoveIT
  • Double click OTMoveIt3.exe to launch the programme.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button.
  • OTMoveIt will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • When finished exit out of OTMoveIt
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

===============

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding my instructions or if we can close this topic.

BTW, you might like to register at Bleeping Computer. They have a room there for helping Vista Users with general questions and/or troubleshooting. They also have rooms for supporting specific software programs. You will also find lots of useful tutorials there. I can tell that you would like to learn more about your computer and that might be a good place for you to start. ;)
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby LisaM » April 17th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Carolyn,
Thank you so very much for all your time and patience. I will use the advice that you have given me, and also read all articles. I appreciate it. God Bless You and Yours!! Thank you again. Lisa M :)
LisaM

Unread postby NonSuch » April 17th, 2009, 3:41 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous