Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

winlogon.exe error on normal boot +ASC3500P keeps returning

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

winlogon.exe error on normal boot +ASC3500P keeps returning

Unread postby Benjy » April 11th, 2009, 2:15 pm

This being my first post hope that this is as understandable as possible.

I have been working now for some days, to get rid of a winlogon.exe error message on boot up. I have read many forums and have followed lots of advice i have found on some internet forums, to try and solve this problem. It still persists. During normal start up I get an error message saying winlogon.exe instruction at "0x00082e0b" referenced memory at "0x00000074" could not be written. Selecting either OK or Cancel causes windows to shut down and reboot. In safe mode this does not appear. I found that if I ignored the error message and logged in anyway I successfully get into normal windows and park the error message. I found by a process of elimination in Msconfig services start up that if I disabled event logging and event reporting the error did not appear. However I was not able to connect to the internet or my two machine home network. So I am living with the error message parked while I continue to try and fix this.

So far I have run Hijack this and also ran Vundofix, Combofix, Malwarebytes, anti-malware. I have ran Spybot search and destroy, Superantispyware and have ran Zonealarm antivirus and spyware. All these individually of course and mostly in Safe mode as instructed. I have found that I have been infected by ASC3550P and some of its subgroups #errorcontrol, #start,#tag,#type. These have reappeared after removal by SDfix which I have also ran. This was because they had been resident I believe in a strangely named superantispyware executable that was in my Internet explorer temporary files. So the temporary internet files have all been purged in all three profiles on my machine. I have also turned off system restore and empted my recycle bin. My latest Hijack log is below. I guess one of the gurus here will hopfully give me some more help to try and sort this problem. It seems to be very widespread throughout the community. Incidentally I have run Chkdsk /r. Despite removal of ASC3500P registry entries by superantispyware, they keep coming back. I have even deleted them manually from the registry. I have also had ASC3500P.sys removed by SDfix. I am assuming this infection is causing the winlogon error.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 19:05:35, on 11/04/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrAdm.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrDba.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrHis.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrPas.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrSaz.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\System Update\UpdateCenterService.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\VSgate.exe
C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrAuf.exe
C:\Program Files\RFA\rfagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson SpeedTouch\SpeedTouch 121g Wireless USB Monitor\PRISMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Downloaded programmes\Software Downloads\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/ig?hl=en&source=iglk
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\System\panels\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [rfagent] "C:\Program Files\RFA\rfagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRISMSVR.EXE] "C:\Program Files\Thomson SpeedTouch\SpeedTouch 121g Wireless USB Monitor\PRISMSVR.EXE" /APPLY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced SystemCare 3] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe" /startup
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to ClearTMP2.cmd.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\ClearTMP2.cmd
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with Scansoft PDF Converter 3.0 - res://C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPage15.0\PDFConverter3\IEShellExt.dll /100
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262E} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.srtest.com/srl_bin/sysreqlab_srl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microso ... 4932328640
O18 - Protocol: vw-wi - {0F3C833F-FB28-40EA-8CB9-6A55B996C3F6} - C:\ElsaWin\bin\wiProt.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA Administration Service (LcSvrAdm) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrAdm.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA Auftragsverwaltungs Service (LcSvrAuf) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrAuf.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA DBA Server (LcSvrDba) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrDba.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA Historie Server (LcSvrHis) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrHis.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA PASS Server (LcSvrPAS) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrPas.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA APOSpro Server (LcSvrSaz) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\LcSvrSaz.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: Macrium Reflect Image Mounting Service (ReflectService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectService.exe
O23 - Service: Seagate Scheduler2 Service (SgtSch2Svc) - Seagate - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind AE Service (StarWindServiceAE) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
O23 - Service: Update Center Service (UpdateCenterService) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\System Update\UpdateCenterService.exe
O23 - Service: ELSA Vaudis Service (VSGate) - Volkswagen AG - C:\ElsaWin\bin\VSgate.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Benjy

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: winlogon.exe error on normal boot +ASC3500P keeps returning

Unread postby NonSuch » April 11th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Your log was posted at Tech Support Guy prior to posting it here at MWR:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-remov ... loads.html

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, that only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. Although there are many forums that handle HijackThis logs, there are not so many helpers; most of us help out at several forums. In addition, the results may not work out so well when you're following different instructions from different helpers. They may suggest different approaches for the same problem, all of which may be good; however, system conflicts may arise if different fixes for the same problem are applied simultaneously.

In the future, for your sake as well as ours, please refrain from requesting help from multiple forums. Choose one, and stick with that one until they've resolved your problem. As your topic at Tech Support Guy predates this topic, this topic will be closed.