Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can't remove virus detected by Norton 360 and Ad-Aware AE

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Can't remove virus detected by Norton 360 and Ad-Aware AE

Unread postby lhanna » April 8th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Hi,

There were reboots prior to Norton flagging the error. I'm delighted with the results, since this is only a reference to a non-existent file from a backup configuration I'm not going to let it keep me up. Just wanted to give the laptop back to my neighbor without having to explain that they need to ignore what appears to be a scary message.

I appreciate EVERYTHING you helped me through !!!!

Thanks,

Louis
lhanna

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby lhanna » April 8th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Hi,

I took a quick peek in the registry with REGEDIT, all I saw was ControlSet001 and ControlSet003. I looked in both but saw no reference to UACd.sys under services. I even took a peek in CurrentControlSet. I've made no changes, am going to let my neighbor work it out with Norton.

Thanks !

Louis
lhanna

Unread postby jmw3 » April 9th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Hi
Just another thought.... that errant entry may also be in the System Restore though that should have been reset when we removed Combofix. You could try creating a new clean System Restore point to see if that gets rid of it:
Click Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore
Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
Now remove old System Restore points:
Next click Start->Run and type cleanmgr in the box and click OK
Ensure the boxes for Temporary Files & Temporary Internet Files are checked. You can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
Select the More Options tab, under System Restore click Clean up... and click Yes to the prompt
Click OK and Yes to confirm.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby lhanna » April 10th, 2009, 8:44 am

Hi,

I've returned the laptop, but I will insure this process is also followed.

Thanks !

Louis
lhanna

Unread postby jmw3 » April 10th, 2009, 8:52 am

OK... no worries

Good luck & Safe Surfing :)
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » April 10th, 2009, 11:22 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous