Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hi Guys, back again!

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Hi Guys, back again!

Unread postby six-h » March 29th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Hello again,

Not here because my lovely PC is poorly, but because I've inherited a little lappy from a teenager :shock:

It's a Starbook 520 'bout 6 years old running XP Home with a Celeron 2GHz CPU with 512MB RAM (16MB shared graphics), so it's not the fastest bunny in the warren!

I've installed SP3 on it, and attempted to remove NOD32 and replaced it with AVG 8 Free.

It's running so slow, even changing between tabs in IE7 is boringly slow, and the CPU is frequently spiking to 100% for periods in excess of 15 seconds dragging everything to a halt!

I know that you don't like communicating via G-mail, and I'm registered under my ISP mail address (TalkTalk) but can't access it on this machine.
Would it be possible to use a Yahoo (y-mail) address for fixing this machine?
If so do I have to replace my old TT address, or would I be better creating a new profile?

Hope someone replies this evening so I can stop watching the page :lol:
six-h
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Hi Guys, back again!

Unread postby Bob4 » March 29th, 2009, 4:46 pm

I'm pretty certain you are allowed to change your email in your profile. This way you are notified when you ask to be notified of replies.
But to be sure. Book mark the page and just check it for replies occasionally. Do book mark this page and check it from time to time just in case I made a mistake. :lol:

Edit: Never heard that Yahoo mail wasn't acceptable here. I think your ok
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby six-h » March 29th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Thanks Bob, I was 2 steps behind you 'cos of the slowness of this machine!
I appreciate your taking the time to have a look, and appologise for not posting a link in my pm.
I'll do as you say, and bookmark the page, and in the meantime I'll change my contact to y-mail.
Thanks again....I think you are on your own here tonight :)
six-h
Banned Member

Unread postby six-h » March 29th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Just to confirm, I've re-set my mail address successfully, so I'll be aware of postings to this thread!
Look forward to help when available.
six-h
Banned Member

Unread postby Bob4 » March 29th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Let's test your email . If you got a notice to this reply your good to go.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby six-h » March 29th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Hi Bob,
Yes, got your message, thanks for testing it for me.
six-h
Banned Member

Unread postby six-h » April 1st, 2009, 6:51 pm

Just a little up-date on my problems with this machine.
I've been observing what happens whilst I'm surfing, by having "Task Mgr" on top.
It appears that as soon as I start doing anything, MsMpENG.exe starts chasing round after AVG like two dogs sniffing each other's b***!

I've had Defender (which I believe is the culprit) playing nicely with AVG on both my old XP PC, running AVG 7.5, and on my current Vista Ultimate PC running AVG 8.0, so was loathe to stop Defender on the lappy.
(Alongside the above, on both XP machines, I also have "SpywareBlaster", just in case it's relevent!)
However, sheer exasperation has overcome the warnings of "dire consequences" if Defender is aborted!

I'll see how it goes, but already, the joy of seeing the letters appear instantly as I type, is close to extasy! :D

Can anyone advise if defender can be disabled so that it doesn't start up at each boot?

I did try installing A squared free, and doing a scan with it, first off it installed strangely, not showing in the "All Progs" list, and after scanning, I didn't know what to do with the results!
Their forum confused me further, so I un-installed it!

Would appreciate some advice, do I need to do an HJT report?
If so, can someone remind me how?
Thanks
six-h
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions