Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

A browser hijacker got me

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

A browser hijacker got me

Unread postby jcecil » March 22nd, 2009, 8:32 pm

I was doing a Google search the other day for "ice cream recipes", and when I clicked on a link, the bar at the bottom said"connecting to sitelk, then doubleclick.net" , and I ended up at Yellow.com. I didn't know what was going on so I asked Yellow.com's customer support how I got there. They responded with a helpful reply that I was probably infected with a hijacker virus, possibly Troj/Daonal. I ran an AT&T security suite scan for viruses and spyware and it found nothing. I talked with my brother and he suggested I try Hijack This, so here I am. I have been trying to paste my logfile here but,when I click the edit button in notepad, the cut, copy, paste section is very faint and doesn't respond. I went to help and it just told me to do just what I've been trying to do without success. So, please forgive me for sending it as an attachment. Oh well, that's no good either. I just got a red "the extension log is not allowed". Any suggestions? I'm trying to abide to the rules but I'm not very good at posting and such. I don't know what threads are or what they're for. Any help greatly appreciated. thanks, John
jcecil
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: A browser hijacker got me

Unread postby NonSuch » March 23rd, 2009, 8:28 pm

You may want to print these instructions so you have them readily available...

Start a new topic in the Malware Removal room. With the topic's reply window open, go to the Notepad text file that HijackThis made. Open it. Go to "Edit" > "Select All" to select all the log file's text > then, in the Edit menu, select "Copy." Now, go back to your open reply window. Left click in the open reply window to set your mouse cursor there, then right click and select "Paste."

Your HijackThis log should now be pasted into your new topic.