Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

hi-jack this log-file (urgent)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: hi-jack this log-file (urgent)

Unread postby davis » March 19th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Hi GT2009,

System Idle Process (using 99 cpu, almost always). That is normal while there is no application running in your system. I will wait and see your Webroot scan report.

In the meantime, there are some info beneficial to your problems as follows:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... eperf.mspx

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000179.htm

Good luck!
davis

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby GT2009 » March 20th, 2009, 6:40 am

it found these, but the program froze when i hit "quarantine"

App/PSExec - GEN (high risk)
Yield Manager cookie
atlas dmt cookie
double click cookie
traffic mp cookie
tribal fusion cookie

the cookies are all low risk.

how would i get a high risk threat by not visiting anything, at all, is odd to me if I'm totally clean.

I have a guy coming to re-boot my whole system if not fixed by the weekend. I've got to record, :(

The defrag tips and all of that have been done 4X over. I do appreciate your help, Davis!
GT2009

Unread postby davis » March 20th, 2009, 12:31 pm

Hi GT2009,

The tracing cookie or traffic cookie are common events depending on personal surfing habit. It's not malicious. You can use ATF-Cleaner to clean it on a regular basis.
App/PSexec would be Sysinternals psexec. but i didn't see any Sysinternals products installed in your system. Since it's no more needed and your AV alerts it, we can remove it. Please navigate to the following file path and delete it.

C:\WINDOWS\PSEXESVC.EXE

Since your problem is not malware related, I will recommend you post your problem in some IT Forums if you feel comfortable. Other than that, We need to do some tidy up.

Step1

Click START then RUN
Now copy/paste Combofix /u in runbox and click OK.
Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.
Remember to re-enable Sympatico antivirus real time protection, and delete the RIST and the folder in C:\rsit.

Tell me how things running now and your decision.
Last edited by davis on March 20th, 2009, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davis

Unread postby GT2009 » March 20th, 2009, 12:45 pm

I explained to the guy coming this weekend to reboot me that I had a trained professional tell me that nothing is really wrong. He thinks you're probably right, and that a computer should be rebooted every few years or it will naturally degrade in speed like this.

I'm really hoping the reboot works. I will put anything of value to me on a data disc and reinstall it after the reboot.

I sincerely appreciate the assistance you've provided. Computers frustrate me to no avail. I don't know why they need to "decay" so quickly, because my great grandfather's old box TV still runs like new. Several questions I come to are similar to the car industry: are the flawed on-purpose?

I dont know. I just need the dang thing to record music and pay bills.
GT2009

Unread postby davis » March 20th, 2009, 1:07 pm

Hi GT2009,

I really understand the points of yours. Sometimes reformatting or rebuilding your computer would be a best way to sort it out completely.

Remember to back up your personal data or work documents, etc. The following threads might be useful if you need to R&R your computer.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppr ... guides.htm

http://web.mit.edu/ist/products/winxp/a ... ormat.html

If you still need continued support, our door is wide open. Or you may tell us this issue is resolved and we can archive this topic.Thanks.

Best of luck to you, mate. :)
davis

Unread postby GT2009 » March 20th, 2009, 1:27 pm

You can close this issue. I've made the decision to fully reboot, sir!

Have a great weekend.
GT2009

Unread postby davis » March 21st, 2009, 1:13 pm

Hi GT2009,

Since you decide to reformat your computer, there are some useful info for you to make your system more secure.

1. Update your antivirus programs

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
    Secunia Software Inspector
    F-secure Health Check

2. Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:

Please referring this thread to configure Internet Explorer 7 properly.

3. Update your Your Adobe Acrobat Reader

Old versions may render vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please download Adobe Reader 9 to your desktop.
    Uninstall the old Adobe Reader from Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Install the new one.

4. Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option. This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware , Malware, and Hijackers
  5. Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

6. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"
Read some information Here how to prevent Malware.

Glad to be of help. Safe surfing!!
davis

Unread postby Shaba » March 23rd, 2009, 12:57 am

GT2009 this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous