Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

spyware on my external harddrive!

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

spyware on my external harddrive!

Unread postby bongoli » March 18th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Hey,

This is my first post on this forum. I wasn't able to find anywhere else to post this up. But my problem began a few days ago when I somehow contracted the recycler\s...........com malware. It hijacked my homepage and would not let me google any searches on how to get rid of such things. Also, I could no longer run spybot, or update McAfee. Then I decided to delete McAfee and download AVG free but the malware would not let me update it either. Moreover, the drives infected do not open with double click but rather has to be opened through the explore option.

At the time of infection, I had an external plugged in to the PC and discovered that was infected as well because I reinstalled windows xp on my PC and plugged the external in, only to have the same problems again. I also scanned my external hd using AVG free and it said infection found. But could not delete it, only move it to the vault. By then, it was too late. So now I reinstalled windows to my PC for the second time, but have not yet plugged in my external because I am certain of it infecting my computer again. I have important documents and family pictures on this external that need to be backed up before I can even think about formatting the external. However, I am not sure how I can connect the external drive to my computer without reinfection. Also, if possible I'd like to avoid having to reformat the external.

My apologies if this was not the place for my post.

Thank you very much for any help.

-Bongoli
bongoli

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: spyware on my external harddrive!

Unread postby Orac » March 18th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Hi bongoli

Please post a HJT log in this room, viewforum.php?f=11 one of our trained HJT handlers will reply to your post.

Before posting read this topic, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32084 it will give you links and instructions on how to download and run HJT.
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Return to General Discussions