Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hotmail email

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Hotmail email

Unread postby Ourlad » February 19th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Hi everyone,
I am changing to a Hotmail email address (unless some one knows a better one).
I seem to remember reading on the Forum some where a reccomendation about what to insert
in the email address. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I intend getting rid of my Gmail accounts.

many thanks

Ourlad
:?
Ourlad

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Hotmail email

Unread postby Katana » February 28th, 2009, 7:45 am

Ourlad wrote:I seem to remember reading on the Forum some where a reccomendation about what to insert
in the email address.

Insert where ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Ourlad » March 2nd, 2009, 8:38 am

It was text like "at-no-where" which was inserted in your email address to reduce the amount of spam that you receive, and I am sure I read it whilst reading some where on the MR Forums but cannot remember where.
:? :?
Ourlad

Unread postby Katana » March 2nd, 2009, 10:45 am

I don't remember anything like that, and searching the site for "+Spam +Reduce" it doesn't give any results that have any info.

Are you sure that it was here that you read it ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Ourlad » March 2nd, 2009, 1:33 pm

:? Mmmm :? not sure now thought I saw it in an article on one of the Forums.
I think I will just use a new email address anyway.

thanks for your help and looking into it for me

Ourlad
;)
Ourlad

Unread postby koekjestrommel » March 6th, 2009, 12:58 pm

I've read once that the amount of spam you recieve is connected to the first letter of your hotmail. If it is a letter that is used a lot in names, you have a bigger change to recieve spam on your email. I just that I could remeber the letters those where :(

I had my hotmail account for over 4 years now and filled my email in everywhere and never had serious spam issues :)
koekjestrommel

Unread postby Mr Darn » May 7th, 2009, 3:56 pm

An old topic i know, but for anyone reading up like me trying to catch up, heres my take on it.

1. Never put your email address on a public forum
  2. If you have no other choice, disguise it: "me@here.com" becomes "me at here dot com"
    This is because forum bots whom harvest email addresses look for the @ and the .com in posts (as well as others such as .co.uk, .org etc)
  3. Use PM if you MUST give someone your email address.

Hope it helps!
Mr Darn

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions