Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

RONs ads by milehighads pop ups.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: RONs ads by milehighads pop ups.

Unread postby davis » February 19th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Hi harrison,

How things are going now? Are you still with us? :sad11:
davis

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby harrison » February 19th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Yes i am here, I went to the Dr today and i have mono thats why i havent been on latly :(

but things are GREAT. no popups or anything.
i believe i am completly clean.
thank you
harrison
harrison

Unread postby davis » February 20th, 2009, 1:12 am

Hi harrison,

Sorry to hear you got some unwanted diseases. :( Be well and strong. but don't be panic as described in the end from this thread.

You'll probably be happy to hear that mono usually goes away after a few weeks, even though you'll have to take it easy for awhile.
Make sure you wash your hands after you cough or sneeze. Keep your straws, forks, and toothbrushes to yourself, and . . . no kissing for a few months!

Other than that, your logs look good. :thumbright:Any issue left? If not, Let's do some housecleaning.

Remember to delete the GooredFix, RSIT, and the folder in C:\rsit.

Now that your system is clean, kindly follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

1. Disable and Enable System Restore. - You should disable and reenable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.

1. Click the Start Button.
    2. From the Start menu click Control panel.
    3. In Control Panel click the System Icon.
    4. On the Left of the System properties window you will see a list of Tasks, click on the System protection link.
    5. In the System Protection window remove the 'Tick' mark from beside the drive you want to disable system restore on.
    6. A message will now appear asking: 'Are you sure you want to turn System restore off'.
    7. Press the Turn System restore Off button.
    8. System Restore will now be turned off permanently on that particular drive.
    9. To re-enable system restore just click your mouse in the box next to the drive you require system restore to monitor ( a tick will appear in the box), then click the Apply button and system restore will resume monitoring the drive. This will remove all restore points and make a new one.

2. Update your antivirus programs

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
    Secunia Software Inspector
    F-secure Health Check

3. Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

I don't see any firewall in your HijackThis log, so i assume you use Windows Vista firewall. Windows Vista includes a two-way firewall that has outbound filtering disabled by default. The best explanation was that it was too complicated for end-users to use so they had that feature turned off as well as hidden.
    To get started, just click on the Start Button and key in wf.msc and hit Enter. This will bring up the comprehensive Windows Firewall with Advanced Security management interface. Here you will be able to configure rules for incoming as well as outgoing connections. Otherwise, you can choose some free firewall in the following:

FREE FIREWALLS

• Kerio
    • comodo(Select install the Firewall as a standalone while installation)

You can choose a free firewall from Here. For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using Firewalls

4. Make your Internet Explorer more secure

Please referring this thread to configure Internet Explorer 7 properly.

5. Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

6. Install a-squared Free -a-squared free is a product from Emsi Software provided free for private use that can detect and remove a variety of malicious software. If you have a dialup internet connection, you may also like to install a-squared Anti-Dialer which provides some real time protection against premium rate dialers

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Clean your PC with a-squared Free

7. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"
Read some information Here how to prevent Malware.

Glad to be of help. Safe surfing!!
davis

Unread postby Shaba » February 21st, 2009, 1:17 pm

harrison this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!