Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

please help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 2:08 pm

nuts! Back to the drawing board.

I'll be back as soon as possible :)
Piney
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 3:01 pm

I am so sorry, Beth
That was my mess up :oops:

Delete the regfix from before, then...

Copy/paste the following text into a new Notepad document. Make sure that you have one blank line at the end of the document as shown in the quoted text.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3631192919-4047014472-3028651874-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\free-spy-cam.net]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-105750728-3144617541-424172517-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\free-spy-cam.net]
"*"=dword:00000004

Save it to your desktop as Fixme.reg. Save it as :
File Type: All Files (not as a text document or it wont work).
Name: Fixme.reg

Overwrite the existing Fixme.reg. Locate Fixme.reg on your desktop and double-click it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry, click YES. Wait for the merged successfully prompt.
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 3:28 pm

After doing the overwrite with the info given above, please reboot, rescan with Spybot and let me know the outcome.
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby beth » December 12th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Sorry Piney,

I think I made a mistake.

I assumed incorrectly by "delete the regfix" from before you meant delete the old Fixme file so I deleted it, then I saw to overwrite it so I stopped.
I have deleted the old Fixme, created the new Fixme on my desktop and stopped, I will wait for your reply.

I do not understand what delete the regfix means

Thanks again

beth :)
beth

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 6:36 pm

NP at all, beth!

I didn't want you to use the old one, so told you to delete it before creating the new one:)

As you can tell, I'm one who does such things *sigh* and didn't want you to make the same mistake.

Go ahead, and follow the instructions to use the new one. What it will do is remove the old fix from the registry, and create the new registry entry, which "should" make Spybot happy:)
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby beth » December 12th, 2005, 8:22 pm

Thank you so very much Piney,

there is no trace of smitfraud and my pc remains symptom free. Please thank Kimberly also for her help. Your selfless efforts to help those of us with problems is wonderful and much apprieciated. You know the world is spinning upside down when the companies with billions of dollars are unable to help while the most talented people are helping thru places like this.

I have an unrelated question. When I installed norton antivirus 2005 I had a choice of using the norton firewall alone or with the windows firewall. I thought both would be better so I left the windows firewall in place. Reading thru your site I see that was the wrong decision, how do I change it now? Just turn off windows firewall? or is something else needed?

Thanks again

beth

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:09:00 PM, on 12/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Image Transfer\SonyTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CaptureWiz\Pro\CaptureWiz.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://comcast.com/
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunKistEM] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: CaptureWiz.lnk = C:\Program Files\CaptureWiz\Pro\CaptureWiz.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Image Transfer.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.emachines.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v ... 8681074921
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/viru ... ebscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsup ... mAData.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
beth

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 9:06 pm

Beth, you have discovered that in the case of firewalls, more is NOT better (that really is only good for ice cream!)

http://www.utmem.edu/helpdesk/sp2/sp2firewall.htm <<< gives excellent and simple instructions complete with pictures.

Now, it is time to do the two-step around the room!

:occasion7:

We have a couple of things left to do, because you are now getting my "You appear to be ALL CLEAN" speech.

1. We need to re-hide those files again. This will hide those scarey files :)

Click start >>> Control Panel >>> Folder Options and double click
Under the View tab scroll down to Hidden Files and Folders
Uncheck Show hidden files and folders
Check Hide extensions for known file types
Check Hide protected operating system files (Recommended}
Click Apply and click OK
Close out of Control Panel.

2. If you are sure you are having no more problems, then let's create a new restore point

Right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop
Choose Properties from the menu
Click on the System Restore tab
Put a checkmark/tick in the box next to Turn off System Restore on all drives
Click Apply and click OK
Reboot your computer

Again Right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop
Choose Properties from the menu
Click on the System Restore tab
UNcheck the box
Click Apply and click OK
Reboot
You now have a clean restore point.

3. Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
Make your Internet Explorer more secure -
This can be done by following these simple instructions:

*Open [B]Internet Explorer
and click on the Tools menu and then click on Internet Options.
*Click on Security
*Click the Internet icon
*Click on Custom Level
*Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
*Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
*Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
*Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
*Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
*Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
*Change the Allow paste operations via script to Disable
*Click on OK
*Save (if asked).
*Click on Apply button
*Click on OK
*Close Internet Options

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently -
It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Update all scanning programs regularly -
Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

We will leave this topic open for a couple of days, in the event you have further problems.

Happy surfing, beth :)
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby beth » December 12th, 2005, 9:49 pm

Thank you so much,

Have a Happy Holiday.

beth
beth

Unread postby Piney » December 12th, 2005, 10:14 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
Piney
Retired Graduate