Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Vundo Help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Vundo Help

Unread postby Can » January 13th, 2009, 8:31 pm

I had the vundo family of trojans on my computer. I thought I got rid of it but when I strat the computer I see a small window that doesn't become fully visable an my cursor starts moving around the screen on its own.
Please assist me and let me know if this trojan is still on my computer.

Thank you

Can
hijackthis 1st attempt.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Can

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Vundo Help

Unread postby Bv202 » January 14th, 2009, 11:35 am

Welcome to Malware Removal!
My name is Bjorn, known as Bv202 on this forum and I'll be happy to assist you with all your malware problems you have on your computer.

Before we start fixing your computer, there are a few points you need to know:
  • Please don't start a new topic, but reply on this one.
  • If you don't understand something, please ask!
  • If you find any new problems and/or details, please post them!
  • Please always try to reply within 5 days. If you know you won't be able to reply for any reason, please tell me so we don't close your thread.
  • As I'm still in training here at Malware Removal, all my posts needs to be checked by an expert first.

Remember: absence of symptoms does not mean your computer is clean!!
Please reply to this topic until I say your computer is clean.

I'm now researching your log. Once it's done, I'll be back to you.

In the meantime, please do this:
  • Open HijackThis.
  • Look under System tools.
  • Click on the Open Uninstall Manager... button.
  • Click on the Save list... button.
  • It will prompt you to save. Save this log in a convenient location. By default it's named uninstall_list.txt.
  • Notepad will open. Please copy and paste the contents of this log in your next reply.

Note: please don't post your logs as attachments; it makes it hard for us to research them. Just post the logs in your replies.
Bv202

Unread postby Bv202 » January 15th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Hi Can

In your logs, I can find entries of 2 different Anti-virusprograms:
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

However, it looks like the Norton entries are just leftovers. Did you ever used Norton and uninstalled it? If that's the case, please tell me so we can remove the leftovers too. If you use both AV, please uninstall one of them as running 2 or more AV's are a big resource waste and your system can become unstable.

Haxfix
  1. Please download Haxfix and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on haxfix.exe to run it.
  3. Command Prompt will open. You will be prompted to press any key to continue. Press any key.
  4. After that, press 1 and press Enter to make a log file. Once done, Notepad will open. Please copy and paste the contents of this log file in your next reply, together with a new HijackThis log.

Do not run any other options until instructed to.

In your next reply, please post:
1) The Haxfix log
2) A new HijackThis log
2) Tell me which Anti-virus you use.

Please don't post the logs as attachments.
Bv202

Unread postby Can » January 17th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Hi Bjorn,

I ran those scans you said to do. And yes, I use CA. I had removed Nortons previously.

Hijack this scan:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:22:29 PM, on 1/17/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\HPZIPM12.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ARPWRMSG.EXE
C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdateMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1222161865\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1\waol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscStreamHub.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DISCover] C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiscUpdateManager] C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1222161865\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafw] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xsjfn83jkemfofght] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlogin.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jsf8j34rgfght] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\winloggn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [xsjfn83jkemfofght] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlogin.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [jsf8j34rgfght] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\winloggn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 5.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .avi: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocach ... .0.1.1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resour ... se6662.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 0434915968
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 0690068755
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {1af2f3b9-95a4-4245-9753-67319d5c35d6} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: swapdm - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\swapdm.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\HPZIPM12.EXE
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - https://www.blockbuster.com/app/v.4.208 ... bgTile.png
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://www.myfamily.com/exec/c/content/ ... /CHASE.jpg

--
End of file - 10755 bytes

Haxfix log:

HAXFIX logfile - by Marckie

version 5.057
Fri 01/16/2009 18:30:54.42
running from C:\HaxFix

--- Checking for Haxdoor ---

checking for a3d files
a3d files not found

checking for matching notify keys
matching notify keys found
AtiE

checking for matching services
no matching services found

checking for matching safeboot services
no matching safeboot services found

--- Checking for Goldun - Spybanker ---

checking for SSODL keys
no ssodl keys found

checking for notify keys
swapdm

checking for services
swapm

checking for random used files and services
these files are not necessarily malicious
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Thumbs.db
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2\wmccds.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2\WMCCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalps.dll
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\WinDVD\Html\FRC\InterVideo.html
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\VS Runtime\1033\compsvcspkgui.dll
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\PROTTPLN.XLS
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\PROTTPLV.XLS
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\QuickStyles\Traditional.dotx
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\WkAbiLng.dll
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\Wizards\inspuus.wwp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\Wizards\notrnus.wwp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\Wizards\nottsus.wwp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\Wizards\schbrus.wwp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\1033\Wizards\schesus.wwp
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\3320769C-062B-4670-BD6B-AA4B3D0E9903\ITEMS\mace1.MDL
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\413773DA-62DE-4C4C-A0F9-10EFB9317DE5\audiovo\vo_miscother1.ogg
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\413773DA-62DE-4C4C-A0F9-10EFB9317DE5\audiovo\vo_notspacebar1.ogg
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\B2AA88B1-4920-462B-9F7C-019782B3C4DB\wire\images\product_logo.jpg
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\E44A47AF-C94B-4E3F-81A0-979FBA9DAC57\images\cp_vixx_powerup1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\batt.dll
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\dciman32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\fxsperf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\snmptrap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ega40857.fon
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\modern.fon
C:\WINDOWS\I386\INPUT.IN_
C:\WINDOWS\inf\netdf650.PNF
C:\WINDOWS\inf\mtxvideo.PNF
C:\WINDOWS\system32\batt.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsperf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igdetect.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwdf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB902400\SP2QFE\migregdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951066$\spuninst\spuninst.inf
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\Accessibility\1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\RegCode.resources\1.0.3300.0_zh-CHT_b03f5f7f11d50a3a\RegCode.Resources.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Accessibility.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscortim.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\zh-CHT\Regasm.resources.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\zh-CHT\RegCode.Resources.dll
C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\PackageStore\SkuStore.bin
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\batt.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\dciman32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\fxsperf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\mscortim.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\snmptrap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\tty.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\eventvwr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\infoctrs.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\modern.fon
C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-us\icardie.dll.mui
no matching services found

checking for browser helper objects
no known browser helper objects found

checking for appinit files
no files found

checking for possible infected files
please submit these file here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit- ... channel=11
no files found

checking for Active Setup Installed Components
no known Active Setup Installed Components found

checking iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe is not infected

--- Checking for other Goldun, Spybanker and Haxdoor files ---
C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys

--- Catchme logfile - thank you Gmer ---

catchme 0.3.1344.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-01-16 20:55:51
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\State\Machine\Extension-List\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}]
"StartTimeLo"=dword:15fe76f2
"StartTimeHi"=dword:01c97830
"EndTimeLo"=dword:15fe76f2
"EndTimeHi"=dword:01c97830
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\State\S-1-5-21-2578903513-2405492841-3782243986-1008\Extension-List\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}]
"StartTimeLo"=dword:1600d94c
"StartTimeHi"=dword:01c97830
"EndTimeLo"=dword:1600d94c
"EndTimeHi"=dword:01c97830
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\3E5CE55715DFdb645AF7A7D265BF0F16\Usage]
"AiOMM"=dword:3a300217
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\5F5E2C4F07924f54BA3D1C084C9D164C\Usage]
"statusexe"=dword:3a3003cc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\9040211900063D11C8EF10054038389C\Usage]
"HandWritingFiles"=dword:3a30111b
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\A7B226B5BF0603641BD11F122DB0CC6D\Usage]
"MarketResearch"=dword:3a300159
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\ACFAB0C38BDBB2948854CDA0B4C48132\Usage]
"SolCntrFiles"=dword:3a3001fe
"Status"=dword:3a30047d
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\BAECDAC2AD5D6D445BCFD7EE78BAC3C0\Usage]
"Unload"=dword:3a300bfe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Prefetcher]
"TracesProcessed"=dword:00000099
"TracesSuccessful"=dword:00000098
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\HP Deskjet 5400 Series]
"ChangeID"=dword:00018121
"Attributes"=dword:00000e00

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

--- Analysing Catchme logfile ---

no matching regkeys found

Finished!
Can

Unread postby Bv202 » January 18th, 2009, 7:17 am

Hi Can

Thanks for informing me about the AV's. We need to close 2 programs before we can continue:

Disable Spyware Doctor
Please disable Spyware Doctor, as it may interfere with the fix. To disable Spyware Doctor:
  • Click the Spyware Doctor icon in the System Tray.
  • Click Settings
  • Click Startup Settings under Pick a Category.
  • Uncheck Run at Windows startup.
  • Click Apply and Exit Spyware Doctor

Disable SUPERAntiSpyware
  • Right-click on the shortcut from the system tray
  • Choose View Control Center (preferences/options)
  • On the General and Startup tab, uncheck Start SUPERAntispyware when Windows starts.
  • Click Close to exit.

Don't forget to re-enable them, when your computer is clean.

HaxFix
  1. Double click on haxfix.exe to run it.
  2. Save all your work and close all open windows except Haxfix as this fix will restart your computer.
  3. Command Prompt will open. You will be prompted to press any key to continue. Press any key.
  4. Press 2 and press Enter.
  5. Haxfix will start the removal process. After a while, your computer will restart.
  6. After the computer has restarted, Notepad will open.
  7. Please post the contents of this Notepad in your next reply.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
  • The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
  • Post that log back here.

1) The HaxFix log
2) The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
3) A new HijackThis log
Bv202

Unread postby Can » January 19th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Hi Bjorn

Here are the logs:

HAXFIX logfile - by Marckie

version 5.058
Mon 01/19/2009 15:23:12.48

--- Auto Haxdoorfix ---

Haxdoorfix Part 1

matching notifykey found: AtiExt

searching for matching services
services not found, haxdoorkey AtiE not added to delete

no infections found

Haxdoorfix Part 2

searching for notifykeys
no notifykeys found

searching for services
no services found

searching for safeboot services
no safeboot services found

--- Goldun- and SpyBankerfix ---

searching for other goldun- spybanker- and haxdoorfiles:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys

checking iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe is not infected

searching for SSODLkeys
no SSODLkeys found

searching for browser helper objects
no known browser helper objects found

searching for appinit files

checking for Active Setup Installed Components

searching for notifykeys
swapdm

searching for services
swapm

deleting service swapm
[SWSC] DeleteService SUCCESS

--- Registrysettings ---

not necessary

.....rebooting the computer.....

--- searching for ssodlkeys ---

not necessary

--- searching for notifykeys ---

notifykey swapdm not found

--- searching for services ---

service swapm not found

--- searching for safeboot services ---

not necessary

--- searching for browser helper objects ---

--- searching for active setup installed components ---

--- searching for files ---

C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys found
deleting C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys has been deleted

C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapdm.dll found
deleting C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapdm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapdm.dll has been deleted

C:\WINDOWS\system32\swapm.sys not found

--- searching for other files in the system32 folder ---

no other files found in the system32 folder

--- searching for other files in windows folder ---

no other files found in the windows folder

--- searching for a3d files ---

no a3d files found

--- checking registry settings ---

not necessary

--- Catchme logfile ---

catchme 0.3.1344.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-01-19 15:28:21
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"
@=""

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

--- checking for random used files and services ---
- these files and service are not necessarily malicious
- these files and services will not be deleted by HaxFix
no known random used services or files found

Finished

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1668
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

1/19/2009 4:33:53 PM
mbam-log-2009-01-19 (16-33-53).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|)
Objects scanned: 157161
Time elapsed: 53 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 23
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{07b18eab-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{25560540-9571-4d7b-9389-0f166788785a} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{3dc201fb-e9c9-499c-a11f-23c360d7c3f8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{3e720452-b472-4954-b7aa-33069eb53906} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{63d0ed2c-b45b-4458-8b3b-60c69bbbd83c} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{7473d294-b7bb-4f24-ae82-7e2ce94bb6a9} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{98d9753d-d73b-42d5-8c85-4469cda897ab} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{9ff05104-b030-46fc-94b8-81276e4e27df} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{e79dfbca-5697-4fbd-94e5-5b2a9c7c1612} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{59c7fc09-1c83-4648-b3e6-003d2bbc7481} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{68af847f-6e91-45dd-9b68-d6a12c30e5d7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{9170b96c-28d4-4626-8358-27e6caeef907} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{d1a71fa0-ff48-48dd-9b6d-7a13a3e42127} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{ddb1968e-ead6-40fd-8dae-ff14757f60c7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{f138d901-86f0-4383-99b6-9cdd406036da} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyWebSearch.OutlookAddin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\MyWebSearch.OutlookAddin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\xsjfn83jkemfofght (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\xsjfn83jkemfofght (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Sources\f3PopularScreensavers (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\jsf8j34rgfght (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPMyWebS.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape Browser\plugins\NPMyWebS.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSlxcp.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\RECYCLER\ADAPT_Installer.exe (Heuristics.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Scan saved at 4:41:24 PM, on 1/19/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\shellmon.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: IAOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1222161865\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafw] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [jsf8j34rgfght] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\winloggn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .avi: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resour ... se6662.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 0434915968
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 0690068755
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {1af2f3b9-95a4-4245-9753-67319d5c35d6} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\HPZIPM12.EXE
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - https://www.blockbuster.com/app/v.4.208 ... bgTile.png
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://www.myfamily.com/exec/c/content/ ... /CHASE.jpg

--
End of file - 10031 bytes
Can

Unread postby Bv202 » January 20th, 2009, 9:48 am

Hi Can

Make sure Spyware Doctor and SUPERAnti-Spyware are disabled during this fix.

Download and Run OTMoveIt3
Download OTMoveIt3 by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit3.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the lines in the codebox below.
Code: Select all
:Files
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll

:Commands
[emptytemp]

• Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar), and paste it in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt3

FIX HIJACKTHIS ENTRIES
Open up Hijackthis.
Click on do a system scan only.
Place a checkmark next to these lines(if still present).

Then close all windows except Hijackthis and click Fix Checked
Close HijackThis.

Reboot the computer

1) The OtMoveIt3 results
2) A new HijackThis log
3) Tell me how the computer is running now
Bv202

Unread postby Bv202 » January 23rd, 2009, 4:45 am

Hi Can

It's been 3 days since my last post. Do you still require help? If not, please telll us so we can close this thread.

If you do not reply within 2 days, we'll close the thread.
Bv202

Unread postby Can » January 23rd, 2009, 8:04 pm

Hi Bjorn,

My computer the cursor was still moving on its own before I did the Hijack this fix. I will have to boot it up a couple of times angain tomorrow to see if it continues to display the previous symptoms.

OTMoveit3
Error: Unable to interpret <Files> in the current context!
Error: Unable to interpret <C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll> in the current context!
========== COMMANDS ==========
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IadHide5.dll scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_hphtra07.log scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF3F18.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF55D9.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF5812.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF592.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF9E59.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_c4.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
FireFox cache emptied.
Temp folders emptied.

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.8.0 log created on 01232009_183053

Scan saved at 6:52:52 PM, on 1/23/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscStreamHub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Topspeed\3.0\aoltpsd3.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: IAOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1\AOL.EXE" -b
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html

--
End of file - 10039 bytes
Can

Unread postby Bv202 » January 25th, 2009, 10:29 am

Hi Can

There is still one bad file in your log; let's try another way to kill it :)

Run a specific batch file
Copy the below text to Notepad:
@echo off
echo POST THIS LOG IN THE TOPIC WHERE YOU'RE BEING HELPED! > "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
echo ----------------------------------------------------- >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
echo. >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
For %%a in (
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll"
) do (
Echo Trying to delete %%a... >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
if not exist %%a echo File not found. >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
if exist %%a (
attrib -r -h -s %%a
del %%a >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt" 2>&1
If not exist %%a echo File deletion successful! >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
If exist %%a echo File deletion failed. >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
)
echo. >> "%userprofile%\desktop\deletion.txt"
)

Save it to your desktop as "fix.bat". Include the quotation marks.
Then double click it to run the fix. A new file called deletion.txt will be created on your desktop. Post it's content in your next reply.

FIX HIJACKTHIS ENTRIES

Open up Hijackthis.
Click on do a system scan only.
Place a checkmark next to these lines(if still present).

Then close all windows except Hijackthis and click Fix Checked
Close HijackThis.

Reboot the computer

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner
Note: Internet Explorer should be used.

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.
  • Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    • Archives
    • Mail databases
  • Click on My Computer under Scan and then put the kettle on!
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  • Save this report to a convenient place like your Desktop. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  • Copy and paste the report into your next reply.

1) The contents of deletion.txt
2) A new HijackThis log
3) The Kaspersky report

Have a look if you are still having problems with your cursor - please tell me if you have so.
Bv202

Unread postby Bv202 » January 28th, 2009, 5:36 am

Hi Can

Do you still require help? Please reply within 48 hours to prevent your thread being closed :)
Bv202

Unread postby Can » January 29th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Hi Bjorn

Sorry I couldn't respond yet. I will have time tomorrow to try again then I'll post results no later than 1/31/09

Thanks
Can

Unread postby Bv202 » January 30th, 2009, 2:07 am

Hi Can

Thank you for letting me know :)
Bv202

Unread postby Can » January 31st, 2009, 8:09 pm

Hi Bjorn,

My cursor moved 1x when I restarted the computer 3x, however the barely visible window is back when it starts up. Here are the Scan results:

POST THIS LOG IN THE TOPIC WHERE YOU'RE BEING HELPED!
-----------------------------------------------------

Trying to delete "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll"...
File not found.

Scan saved at 7:00:57 PM, on 1/31/2009

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Topspeed\3.0\aoltpsd3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\AOL 9.1\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~2.EXE -Update -1103471 -"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)" -"http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/eds/clashoftheidiots/index.html"

--
End of file - 10324 bytes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Saturday, January 31, 2009 20:01:42
Records in database: 1733252
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 108162
Threat name: 1
Infected objects: 2
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 02:16:59

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\TwfJSduG.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.gwr 1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\whSLD02\whSLD022328.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.gwr 1

The selected area was scanned.
Can

Unread postby Bv202 » February 1st, 2009, 8:36 am

Hi Can

Looks like our file doesn't wants to go - let's try it again.

Run OTMoveIt3
  • Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit3.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the lines in the codebox below.
:Files
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\TwfJSduG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\whSLD02
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msziptools.dll

• Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar), and paste it in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt3

RSIT
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<< will be maximized) and info.txt (<< will be minimized)

In your next reply, please post the OTMoveIt3-results and the RSIT logfiles.
Bv202

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!