Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spam emails

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Spam emails

Unread postby Iceman244 » June 30th, 2005, 12:21 pm

I am getting seriously fed up with the amount of Spam emails I am receiving.

Ok admittedly it’s partly my fault as I have been to some dubious sites I should not have gone to.

But now they are seriously getting on my nerves.

I downloaded the free trial version of Spam bully, which gave me the option of reporting the Spam emails, but this didn’t seem to do any good or stop them.

One of the so called ISP’s I reported them to was called Apinec.com who just sent an automated reply that I didn’t fully understand with my limited technical knowledge saying it was nothing to do with them.

So can somebody please tell me how I can stop these emails coming through and also how I can report them, as I do not want to change my email address?

The other thing is my inbox on outlook.

My emails used to go into my inbox all together at the bottom but now they enter the inbox alphabetically which means I have to scroll all the way through instead of them being in one place.

So how do I change this back?

Thanks in advance

Iceman
Iceman244

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Nellie2 » July 8th, 2005, 2:07 pm

One of my favourite bits of software is Mailwasher

http://www.mailwasher.net/

I use it to preview the emails I get and delete the spam ones straight from the server. You used to be able to use it free for just one email account but it now looks like you only get a 30 day trial, although if you google Mailwasher Free you can find some earlier versions. However, I think it is worth every penny I paid for it.

I still do get a bit of spam but nothing like I used to.

With regards to how your emails are sorted, try clicking on the bar at the top of your email pane and click on 'arrange by date'
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Angoid » December 3rd, 2005, 1:24 pm

I started using MailWasher, but unfortunately it kept crashing Outlook Express, so I kind of gave up on it in the end.

My Yahoo! account get blasted with spam; as it's not my main correspondence account I have set up OE to ownly download mails from known addresses or that contain certain keywords in the title. Anything else gets autoditched - deleted from the server, never to be seen at all.

As for my main correspiondence account, anything not meeting the same criteria get deleted into the deleted items folder. That way, I can still investigate it and deal with it should it prove to be legitimate, otherwise just throw it off the computer entirely.

But unfortunately spam is not a problem that's about to go away :evil: if anything, it's set to get worse.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby P;3 » December 4th, 2005, 9:26 am

I"ve gotten mailwasher, OE and AVG; it seems the AVG seems to clash sometimes with the mailwasher; but at least one can preview the mails on the server and chuck out instantly the unwanted ones so leaving ones machine clear of that rubbish :lol:

and spam is here to stay unfortunately and only get worse; :twisted:
P;3

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions