Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

cleaning up AV2008

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

cleaning up AV2008

Unread postby smlevet » November 18th, 2008, 11:39 pm

Attaching report from SDFix I ran yesterday (report.txt) and HiJack this log I ran tonight.(hijackthis.log)

Help me get my internet access back again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smlevet

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: cleaning up AV2008

Unread postby chryssi2001 » November 23rd, 2008, 6:35 am

Hello smlevet,

I will be assisting you with your malware issues.

• Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
----------------------------------------------
So you don't have Internet now?

Do you have another pc, which you can use to download tools, and transfer them using USB on the infected pc?

Note:Please do not post attachments!
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby smlevet » November 28th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Sorry for delay, thought everything was good, but it is not afterall.
Something is still redirecting me from certain websites - like this one and pctools, etc. Therefore I can't get the updates on spyware types like spybot or spyware doctor. ?????

I tried to transfer it, but I don't have anything big enough to transfer the full load. This is a work pc and I can't get too much 'extra' stuff on the pc I have been trying to facilitate with.

Can you assist with finding the culprit that is redirecting certain websites?
I could get to microsoft downloads, but when it went to download it wouldn't either.

thanks!
smlevet

Unread postby chryssi2001 » November 29th, 2008, 3:04 am

Hello smlevet,

What did you try to transfer? I just asked if you are able to transfer tools i would give you using a USB to download them, to the infected pc.

As per our forum's policy here, we can't help on business computers.
In General, we do not help in cleaning business or corporate computers. There may be restrictions and modifications installed on such machines that could be damaged or altered by the actions we take to remove Malware. There may also be legal issues regarding any loss of business data that we do not wish to deal with.

It should be best to let your Company's IT department check the pc, clean it, and if needed for security reasons, format the Hard-Drive and re-install the whole system.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » November 29th, 2008, 4:21 am

This computer is a business computer and, as such, may be part of a domain as well. Therefore, it may very likely have been connected to the domain's network while infected, thereby presenting a risk to other computers connected to that same network.

The online anti-malware community primarily serves home users and is therefore not ideally suited to deal with situations that are best handled by a company's own IT department. All companies have their own set of policies and procedures for handling situations like this, which are beyond our sphere of knowledge. Therefore, as this computer has been identified as infected, you are strongly advised to immediately seek the assistance of your company's IT department so they may implement their own preferred method for handling this situation.

As this issue falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!