Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

True or false concerning 3rd parties

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

True or false concerning 3rd parties

Unread postby stealthyeliminator » September 7th, 2008, 12:41 am

Two simple truth or false questions... Not really a need for discussion, at least not for me, as I'm doing this solely for the votes to prove a point elsewhere. Thanks for your participation. :)

Hope this isn't breaking any rules.. I doubt it is.. I don't think it should start up any political debate or anything.

Question one - Are/were 3rd parties created for the purpose of being trashcans for votes?

Question two - Do the majority of the people who vote for 3rd parties do so with the intent of throwing away their votes?
stealthyeliminator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: True or false concerning 3rd parties

Unread postby Wingman » September 9th, 2008, 9:48 am

Question one - Are/were 3rd parties created for the purpose of being trashcans for votes?
My initial thought is No, it was created because too many people were sick of the 2 parties...

Question two - Do the majority of the people who vote for 3rd parties do so with the intent of throwing away their votes?
While it may be a wasted vote...in terms of how many 3rd party candidates have been elected...I think people try to send a message to those in the 2 parties.

And that's all I have to say about that... :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Orac » September 9th, 2008, 9:57 am

Doesnt it depend on the voting system used.

In the "first past the post system", third parties dont get anywhere, whilst under a "proportional representation system", the votes produce elected officals.
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby stealthyeliminator » September 9th, 2008, 1:35 pm

I don't know how much it depends on the voting system, but I was thinking in terms of our presidential election. So, if you must, use that for the context.

I was simply trying to gather some 'votes' to use to 'prove a point' on another forum in which I was in a 'discussion' that drifted off into an argument about 3rd parties. I'm not really trying to prove one side of either of the questions, I'm simply trying to get the point across that it's not a clear cut answer(at least for the second question, the first one is pretty obvious.)
stealthyeliminator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions