Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Strange occurrences

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Strange occurrences

Unread postby Deejay100six » August 26th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me what is causing this?
But in the evening (otherwise known as ‘spare time’) we are transformed (<turning to other presenter> is it now we do a spin and change into superman?)

Forum Administrators and moderators
Where we maintain and update web based forum and related software, help out on various forums where needed and organize a team of volunteers to help others.

Teachers of Malware Removal
We run an anti-malware school with 14 teachers, creating tutorials, student coursework and evaluating students for graduation. All this activity is totally web based.

Security Evangelist –
We do what we can to make anyone who will stand still long enough and listen, aware of the problems facing the consumer on the internet today. We will provide help and advice with Windows setups and security software. We both maintain websites and blogs that provide tutorials, security information and advice.

But this is our unpaid ‘job’, our hobby

I suppose you can compare us to A Dads Army’ (not sure who is Mr Mannering! – Gwynne – stop looking at me!!) helping to make our patch of the internet safe for our children and older fold to travel about without being mugged – or at least, as paramedics that are assisting people to recover after they have been mugged.

Microsoft MVP
We don’t ask for any return or remuneration for what we do, we do it because we are passionate about it and because we feel it is important. It was a pleasant and very welcome surprise however when Microsoft decided to give us the MVP award in the Windows Security field to recognize the work that we do in the on line community.

I have seen this a couple of times before so i know its not related to this particular page. Is it an MWR problem or am i infected somehow??
Deejay100six

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Strange occurrences

Unread postby Rodav » August 26th, 2008, 2:33 pm

When the forum software was upgraded to phpBB3 a while ago some characters like you can see appeared here and there in the older posts, it's nothing to worry about. :)
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Deejay100six » August 26th, 2008, 3:02 pm

Thanks very much, but i have just come across this on another site.

For self-help options:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Find Solutions
• Windows Update Newsgroup

For assisted support options:
• Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for issues related to getting
updates)”

Done... Done... Done... Done and done! No chages noted. No real fixes noted.

Do you think its just a similar issue there?
Deejay100six

Unread postby Axephilic » August 26th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Either that or they are using a different character encoding. :)
Axephilic
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Odd dude » August 27th, 2008, 6:59 am

I believe the software conversion caused all 'non-normal' characters to morph (I mean characters like *~'^%" etc)
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby ChrisRLG » August 27th, 2008, 8:27 am

Axephilic wrote:Either that or they are using a different character encoding. :)

Correct.

V3 uses a different encoding than v2 used.

The main problems were where quotes or copy data was copied from such as word documents which use opening and closing quotes instead of the standard " and ' codes. Those and things like the copyright sign etc are coded differently in the two versions.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Deejay100six » September 5th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Thanks guys,

I think i understand, but if i don't, its hardly more important than my training. :lol:
Deejay100six

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions