Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Adware.MyWebSearch - Please help ._.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Adware.MyWebSearch - Please help ._.

Unread postby km2357 » August 13th, 2008, 8:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

Zante, once you have reformatted your computer, here are some tips to help keep it clean in the future:

Make your Internet Explorer more secure This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  2. Click once on the Security tab
  3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
    • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
    • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
    • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
    • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
    • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
    • Change the Navigate sub frames across different domains to Prompt
  5. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
  6. If it asks you if you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  7. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
Set correct settings for files that should be hidden in Windows XP
  • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
  • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • If unchecked please checkHide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
  • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
  • Click OK
  • Use An Antivirus Software and Keep It Updated - It is very important that your computer has an antivirus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. It is imperative that you update your antivirus software at least once a day. If you do not update your antivirus software, then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
  • Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently It is important that you visit Microsoft Windows Update regularly. This will ensure your computer has the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
  • Install SpywareBlaster SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. An article on anti-malware products with links for this program and others can be found here:
    Computer Safety on line Anti Malware
  • Use the hosts file: Every version of windows has a hosts file as part of them. In a very basic sense, they are used to locate web pages. We can customize a hosts file so that it blocks certain web pages. However, it can slow down certain computers. This is why using a hosts file is optional. Download mvps hosts file Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the hosts file. There is a good tutorial HERE If you decide to download the hosts file, the slowdown problems can usually be avoided by following these steps:
    1. Click the start button on the task bar at the bottom of your screen
    2. Click run
    3. In the dialog box, type services.msc
    4. hit enter, then locate dns client
    5. Highlight it, then doubleclick it.
    6. On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual.
    7. Click ok..
  • Use an alternative instant messenger program.Trillian and Miranda IM These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
  • Please read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
  • Please read Understanding Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and Dialers
  • Please read Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, please consider using an alternate browser: Mozilla's Firefox or
    Opera.
    If you decide to use either FireFox or Opera, it is very important that you keep them up to date and check frequently for updates of the browser of your choice.
  • Update all these programs regularly Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
  • If your computer was infected by a website, a program, IM, MSN, or p2p, check this site because it is Time To Fight Back.
Follow these steps and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Here's a good website to read about Malware prevention:

http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miek ... ntion.html

Good luck!

Please reply one last time so that I know you have read my post and this thread can be closed.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 13th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Umm new problem O_O while doing a restore, her computer froze up WHILE restoring. They took a picture of it and posted it on photobucket: Image Anything we can do with this? Her other friend took a pic of it and put it on and now I'm stumped...Can you help? x_x

Thanks
-Regice1123 ^-^
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 14th, 2008, 2:08 am

This happened during the reformatting of the computer? At what part did it happen during the process? Did it happen when Windows was being reinstalled or some other time? Have you tried reinstalling Windows again or does it freeze every time at the same spot?

Or by "restore", do you mean you tried doing a System Restore and the computer froze up? If this happened, can you still boot up the computer normally?

Unfortunately the picture doesn't really give me any clues, such as any error messages. :(
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 14th, 2008, 11:46 am

Zante has forcebooted the computer; now it's stuck like this: Image Normally, all Windows XP computers display this for a few seconds, but her computer won't pass this... I fear the virus(es) may have been installed to the recovery partition and made it stop restoring her computer before Winboot.exe was copied over. She has tried rebooting it again, nothing. She's going to try restoring again... I hope this won't screw it up more... If this helps anymore and you can give me any info about this, that'd be great.
EDIT: Sorry the pictures so dark but the _ in the upper left hand corner is blinking ._.;

Thanks
-Regice1123 ^-^
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 14th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Hmmm..I'm stumped on what could be the cause of this. Of what I saw in her logs Zante posted, I didn't see anything that could cause this. She had Websearch but it looks like MalwareBytes' removed that and Websearch shouldn't cause what's happening to the computer. There may have been something deep within the computer that I couldn't see that could have caused this, not sure.

Hold off on restoring for now, let me ask some of my fellow helpers to see if anything can be done or not.

I'll be back as soon as I can.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 14th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Okie dokie~ Thanks ^_^
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 14th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Try this and let me know if it is sucessful or not.

When Zante boots up the computer, keep hitting the F8 key (as soon the computer is turned on) until the Boot Menu shows on the screen.

Once the Boot Menu shows up, arrow down or up to Last Known Good Configuration and hit Enter.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 14th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Alright- But she needed to go somewhere; don't know where to, but she should be back in a while, I'll tell her when she gets back. Thanks for your continued help ^_^
EDIT: She tried to restore it earlier; it gave her some kind of error with a code and said Restore Failed.

Thanks
-Regice1123 ^-^
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 14th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Ok, thanks for letting me know. :)

Did Zante write down the error that showed up or does she remember what the error/code message said?

If so, have her post here.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 15th, 2008, 2:10 pm

km2357 wrote:
Did Zante write down the error that showed up or does she remember what the error/code message said?

Not that I know of... And for the moment, I can only talk to her thru her friend texting her from Yahoo Messenger messages x_x
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 15th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Ok. :)

One more thing. Do you know what brand of computer Zante has? Is it a Dell? HP? Or something else?
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 16th, 2008, 10:54 am

Her computer brand is Compaq.
Regice1123

Unread postby Regice1123 » August 16th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Okay, nevermind; she took it into the shop, got a new hard drive, and it's working fine now. =]

Thanks for all your help!! =]
-Regice1123 ^-^
Regice1123

Unread postby km2357 » August 16th, 2008, 5:33 pm

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad I was able to help out. :)
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby NonSuch » August 17th, 2008, 12:22 am

As this issue has been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous