Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!R

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!R

Unread postby shadowx180 » July 11th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Hello I been fighting virtumonde and I smashed its brains in and I have no more ads or popups or lag....However I got this Win32 Vundo gen I don't want. It keeps making things like AdRevolver, DoubleClick, FastClick, MediaPlex, statcounter, Zedo. I have used VundoFix FxVMonde Adware 2008 Ccleaner and spybot and spyware doctor. But have failed to get ride of the win32 trojan.

NVM...I Fixed it myself...I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ComboFix then I did a Kaspersky Online Scanner to see if I missed anything. Now all is good. So thats how to get rid of win32 tojan. ;)
Last edited by shadowx180 on July 17th, 2008, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowx180

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!R

Unread postby ktreffin » July 14th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Hi shadowx180, Welcome to the forums!Image

My name is Ken, on these forums I am known as ktreffin. I will be helping you with your current problem. Please note that I am still in training at Malware Removal University, however I will be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you, however be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.

HiJackThis logs do take some time to review and research. I would appreciate it if while you are waiting, you could please do the following for me:

Please make an Uninstall List using HiJackThis.

To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:
    1. Start HijackThis
    2. Click on the Config button
    3. Click on the Misc Tools button
    4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
    5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here in a reply.

As we work together to resolve your problem, please read these instructions carefully. You may wish to print them off or copy them to Notepad.

Lastly, please keep these points in mind:
  • If you have questions, please DON'T hesitate to ask!
  • The instructions I give are specific to your current problem and should not be used on other systems.
  • Please post your replies only to this topic, and please DO NOT start a new thread.
  • Since there may be multiple issues with your system, please continue to follow this thread until I have given you an "All Clean!"

I am reviewing your log now, and will be back with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby ktreffin » July 17th, 2008, 9:21 am

Hello

THREE DAY BUMP!

It has been three days since my last post.
  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Please let me know if there are any problems. Thanks!

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby NonSuch » July 19th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove