Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Randomly generated? viral programs

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Randomly generated? viral programs

Unread postby Umbilical » June 18th, 2008, 9:04 am

I have 2 programs regularly popping up on my firewall asking for access to internet and trusted zone, these programs are hltbrzupkm and qhfivawiw, they reside in C:/System32 library along with another program wqeigxxbpaja all of which have same properties but no descriptions.

I have found the first two programs in my startup list and removed them but hltbrzupkm keeps getting put back.

These programs started appearing around the time of a suspected virus attached to an email and their create dates support this.

My questions are is there a definitive answer as to if these programs should be in the system32 library, can I find out what's putting them in my start up list and can I take some steps to safely delete them.

I guess the program names have been randomly generated which is why any searches return nothing.
Umbilical

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Randomly generated? viral programs

Unread postby Shaba » June 20th, 2008, 4:51 am

Hi Umbilical

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Umbilical » June 24th, 2008, 1:57 pm

Thanks for reply, have isolated 3 programs into a quarantine folder and renamed them, have removed program from start up and for now everything is ok.
Umbilical

Unread postby Shaba » June 24th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Hi

I still recommend to follow my previous instructions :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Shaba » June 29th, 2008, 4:58 am

Due to Lack of Response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove