Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

bho that won't go

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

bho that won't go

Unread postby conky » June 15th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Hello!

I have a few things I can't get rid of, which means I probably have other crap in there as well! Can you help me?

c:\windows\system32\tqgdufxd.dll.s
c:\windows\system32\efccdda.dll
c:\windows\system32\jkkjj.dll

I have attempted to use Winpatrol to get rid of them, but it won't go.

Thanks!
conky

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: bho that won't go

Unread postby muuli » June 15th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Welcome to the MWR forums. My name is muuli. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic. Please stay at one forum for help.
3. Please continue reading posts until I give the All Clear. It is important to note this, as a clean looking HijackThis is not always a sign your system is clean.

Note: I am still in training here at Malware Removal, however I will be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you, however be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.
muuli

Unread postby conky » June 15th, 2008, 3:55 pm

I wait to hear from you. Thank you so much.
conky

Unread postby muuli » June 16th, 2008, 7:23 am

Hi,

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis, close it.
  • Navigate here using Windows Explorer (windows button + E) or My Computer -> Local Disk C: -> C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
  • Right-click on the HijackThis.exe
  • Choose from the pull-down menu; "Rename"
  • And now Rename HijackThis.exe to conky.exe
  • When you've renamed HijackThis, open HijackThis again.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
muuli

Unread postby conky » June 16th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:44:39 AM, on 6/16/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.windowsdownloads.com/success.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;<local>
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDTray] C:\Program Files\HP DVD\Umbrella\DVDTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDBitSet] C:\Program Files\HP DVD\Umbrella\DVDBitSet.exe /NOUI
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM634f090a] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\gekwliys.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [607c3a96] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\yenosxwq.dll",b
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\npjpi160_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\npjpi160_05.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... lcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {62789780-B744-11D0-986B-00609731A21D} (Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control) - http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/mgaxctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v ... 3703931719
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

--
End of file - 6127 bytes
conky

Unread postby muuli » June 16th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Hi,

You have to rename HijackThis, because vundo hides HijackThis entries.

Press Start -> My Computer -> Local Disk (C)
Navigate to the HijackThis folder, path below:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Right-click on the HijackThis.exe
Choose from the pull-down menu; "Rename"
And now Rename HijackThis.exe to conky.exe

Please run HijackThis again and post a fresh HijackThis log here.
muuli

Unread postby conky » June 16th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Any suggestions on what to do when the message won't download? My browser is dragging big time - I am using a laptop for this.

Thanks!
conky

Unread postby muuli » June 17th, 2008, 12:40 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what did you exactly mean. Please tell me more about that problem.
muuli

Unread postby conky » June 19th, 2008, 1:38 am

I can get on the internet, but when it's time to load a new page, it just drags nearly to a stop.
conky

Unread postby muuli » June 19th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Hi,

Okay, you need a USB flash drive, if you don't have it, please notify.

Download the tools what we will need using some other computer(for example your laptop), and move them with USB flash drive to infected computer. You can also move logs to the computer where internet is working and post here. Please rename HijackThis now and run it, then move the log with USB flash drive to computer where internet is working and post here.
muuli

Unread postby muuli » June 22nd, 2008, 3:35 pm

Hello!

Do you still need help?

It has been three days since my last post.

Do you still need help with this?
Do you need more time?
Are you having problems following my instructions?

Note: If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be CLOSED!
muuli

Unread postby conky » June 23rd, 2008, 10:07 pm

so sorry - having trouble getting it to load anything. Still working on it. Sorry for not getting back to you!

D
conky

Unread postby Shaba » June 29th, 2008, 10:41 am

Due to Lack of Response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!