Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Virtumonde.dll is bothering me.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Virtumonde.dll is bothering me.

Unread postby Rodav » May 24th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Combofix /u indicated Combofix is uninstalled. What about the polluted restore files?
Can I use restore points without restoring the virus ?
Well spotted, uninstalling ComboFix will create a new restore point and flush the old ones. This is not something to do regularly, having a bad restore point is better than having none. You can safely use restore points now as the infections we dealt with have gone.

Does unloading-loading the system increases its activity ?
I'm sorry I don't fully understand your question. There are many different kinds of malware that will perform different tasks, some will lie idle on a machine until called to perform a certain task, while others will attempt to cause havoc at the moment they access a machine.

Do you have a knowledge of the virus behaviour ?
Everything I learned about malware removal has been done at the University here and I continue to learn everyday. It is a very close and extremely knowledgeable community, so if I need assistance there are others who are willing and able to help me out.

If you are interested in learning how malware behaves, how to remove it and about computers in general you may like to consider joining the University here:
http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby kovantchine » May 25th, 2008, 4:34 am

Thank you for your explanations.
I have applied to MRU because, as an ex system designer/programmer, I'm fed up dealing with the black box Windows. I also want to try and counteract the irresponsability of the virus designers & propagators.
All the best,
Pierre.
kovantchine

Unread postby Rodav » May 25th, 2008, 7:43 am

You're very welcome Pierre, I'll see you inside the university. :D
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » May 27th, 2008, 4:00 am