Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I think I need Help!Please

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

I think I need Help!Please

Unread postby bubbles20 » May 8th, 2008, 12:22 am

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:13:33 PM, on 5/7/2008
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\usnsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\urdvxc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless\3G Wireless Module\Generic\Components\SWAutoLaunch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\servupdate.exe
C:\Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiSpywareMaster\asm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dbsarticles.com
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe %WINDIR%\usnsv.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows USB Monitor] servupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iRiver Updater] \Updater.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [svchost.exe] C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBI] C:\Documents and Settings\Border line Stalker\Desktop\installer_sbd_en.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AntiSpywareMaster] C:\Program Files\AntiSpywareMaster\asm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [e4a32a6b] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmtdnwvc.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows USB Monitor] servupdate.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Oftice] C:\WINDOWS\System32\msmsgs.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Driver] C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-57989841-1409082233-725345543-1004\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-21-57989841-1409082233-725345543-1004 Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe (User '?')
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partne ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 7871627686
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Messenger Sharing USN Journal Service - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\usnsv.exe
O23 - Service: Network helper Service (MSDisk) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\irdvxc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Network Windows Service (MSWindows) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\urdvxc.exe
O23 - Service: SWAutoLaunch - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless\3G Wireless Module\Generic\Components\SWAutoLaunch.exe
O23 - Service: Windows NT application - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\winlogon.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 5375 bytes
bubbles20

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: I think I need Help!Please

Unread postby Rodav » May 8th, 2008, 11:51 am

Hello! :hello2: and welcome to the Malware Removal forums.
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research so please be patient while I work on your log and I will post back here with any recommendations.
As I am still training, everything that I post to you, must be checked by an Admin or Moderator. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts. While it shouldn't be too long, you can be assured you will get the best possible advice.

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Rodav » May 10th, 2008, 7:45 am

I'm afraid I have unpleasant news for you. You have numerous Very Dangerous infection on this machine including W32.IRCBot
It allows outsiders COMPLETE access to every keystroke, account, and password you use while on this machine, and complete access to any other data present...
IF this computer has been used for any kind of important data, my best recommendation is to Disconnect from Internet, Re-Format the entire drive and re-install your Operating system and Applications.

We can likely clean the infected files off the computer, and if you wish we will attempt to do so, but we cannot be sure that the infection didn't do something to your system to reduce the system security. In that instance, even after removal of the infection, you could be subject to another attack or takeover as soon as you re-connect to the Internet.

The Decision Whether to ReFormat or Not should be based on:
  • The use of the computer - this is the primary factor in the decision whether to re-format and re-install, or just disinfect.
  • The variety of malware - this influences the decision on whether to re-format and re-install, or just disinfect. IN THIS CASE we have a IRCBot, the worst kind.
If the Computer has been used for any important data, you are strongly advised to do the following, immediately:
  • Disconnect the infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.
  • Back up all important data on the machine. Do not back up any Applications (programs). Those should be re-installed from the original source CDs or websites.
  • If you have ever used this computer for shopping, banking, or any transactions relating to your financial well being:
    Call all of your banks, credit card companies, and financial institutions, informing them that you may be a victim of identity theft, and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.
  • From a clean computer, change ALL your online passwords -- for ISP login, email, banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, and any online forums or groups you belong to.
  • DO NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new password and transaction information.
  • Take any other steps you think appropriate for an attempted identity theft.
  • Please read this for more information: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
While you are deciding whether to ReFormat and Re-Install, a useful link is here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
Please let me know what you decide.
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Rodav » May 13th, 2008, 8:55 am

Hi bubbles20, do you still need any help?
Rodav
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » May 19th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!